STAAD.Pro V8i license

We're having issues getting STAAD.Pro licenses today. The error is "Trial/Valid license was not found or trial period has expired! Switching to Restricted Mode..." The licenses are activated. I don't have any issues with MicroStation.

Parents
  • We are looking into this issue. An update will be posted once more information is known.

Thanks,
    Josh

• An issue with the Structural Enterprise license was discovered on SELECTserver OnLine following an upgrade this weekend (May 9, 2015). The issue is affecting STAAD.Pro activation for any sites with Structural Enterprise licenses which includes both ELS and SELECT Open Access users as well as SELECT users who explicitly purchased Structural Enterprise licenses. A hotfix was applied today (May 11, 2015) to address the issue. It helped, but the issue is still intermittent. Further investigation is required by the SELECTserver development team to completely address the issue.

Please note that users of STAAD.Pro V8i SELECTseries 4 (20.07.09.xx) and earlier are particularly affected because they rely on license checkouts which are periodically failing and blocking access to the product. Bentley recommends upgrading to STAAD.Pro V8i SELECTseries 5 (20.07.10.xx) which utilizes trust licensing. Trust licensing was designed to permit access to products in a fully-functioning offline mode in cases such as this to avoid work stoppages because of technical issues.

• An issue with the Structural Enterprise license was discovered on SELECTserver OnLine following an upgrade this weekend (May 9, 2015). The issue is affecting STAAD.Pro activation for any sites with Structural Enterprise licenses which includes both ELS and SELECT Open Access users as well as SELECT users who explicitly purchased Structural Enterprise licenses. A hotfix was applied today (May 11, 2015) to address the issue. It helped, but the issue is still intermittent. Further investigation is required by the SELECTserver development team to completely address the issue.

Please note that users of STAAD.Pro V8i SELECTseries 4 (20.07.09.xx) and earlier are particularly affected because they rely on license checkouts which are periodically failing and blocking access to the product. Bentley recommends upgrading to STAAD.Pro V8i SELECTseries 5 (20.07.10.xx) which utilizes trust licensing. Trust licensing was designed to permit access to products in a fully-functioning offline mode in cases such as this to avoid work stoppages because of technical issues.

Children