License over usage charges?

I see this issue has been an ongoing concern for many users out there. My company has only 1 license and 1 user with power geopak installed on 2 computers.

I am being charged for an overage for last quarter. I could this to be valid if both my machines were running the software at the exact same time. However, I don't believe that to be the case - rather closed the software at one machine then opened on the other within the hour time frame. Seriously, being charged for an over usage!

The hour time frame measurement Bentley uses seems ridiculous and I do not understand why it was set to an hour, rather to some type of minute interval.

We (the users / Bentley clients) need to make Bentley understand this is an issue and need something resolved. As a user - I want control to determine when and if I need an additional license during high workload, rather than someone charging me for something that I may not have been aware of in the first place.

Disappointed with this license pool system completely.

Brian

Parents
  • We are experiencing the same thing. This OPEN SELECT license is really annoying us. When we are still using onsite/deployed Bentley Select Server from 2006-2013, we are not getting this QTLs bills. Bentley is now charging us with different licenses that we are not aware of, licenses that we don't have idea how they were triggered or activated. We are demanding explanations from different bentley support and no one can give us proper answer and solutions so we can avoid these overage notifications. Starting 2014 till date, bentley is charging us with unnecessary bills without fully utilizing the benefits of these licenses.
  • We are also experiencing this.
    Bentley is giving themselves a license to print money without any chance of control at our end.
    They clearly don't care about their users, and only their profit.

They could easily implement something which would detect if other users are logged on, or would warn you if additional chargers were going to occur, but they clearly are not interested in helping the user.

I suggest fighting the quarterly bills every time.
  • We are also experiencing this.
    Bentley is giving themselves a license to print money without any chance of control at our end.
    They clearly don't care about their users, and only their profit.

They could easily implement something which would detect if other users are logged on, or would warn you if additional chargers were going to occur, but they clearly are not interested in helping the user.

I suggest fighting the quarterly bills every time.
Children
No Data