Using a license outside my SELECT subscription

I have my own SELECT subscription, which I use for STAAD.Pro. My client has some unused licenses of AECOsim which they would like me to use on a project I am in contract with them on.

I assume that if I install AECOsim this would by default fall under my own SELECT subscription, and I would be invoiced each quarter for its use.

Does anybody know if it is possible to install AECOsim on the same machine I have STAAD, and have AECOsim use one of my client's licenses rather than my own SELECT subscription?

Parents
  • Bentley Systems licensing scheme is not designed for multiple site activation keys.

A license can be provided as a 'Checked Out License' to report usage to the correct site, please see Admin Check In and Out Instructions for XM and Higher [TN].

Recommendation is to install the 'Checked Out License' prior to installing AECOsim.

Please feel free to call our SELECT support team or submit a Service Request if further assistance is needed.

Bentley Systems licensing scheme is not designed for multiple site activation keys.

If you require the use of multiple activation keys this will require management on your end to ensure you are accessing the right key with the correct licenses.

• As Sylvia mentioned, a checked out license can be used as a solution. As an alternative to having Bentley support or a SELECTserver site administrator check out a license on your behalf as an XML file, you can also check out a license yourself using the following process:

1. Open the License Management Tool.
    2. Select Options from the Tools menu, and configure it with the license settings for your client.
    3. Use the following instructions as needed to check out a license for AECOsim.
    4. Select Options from the Tools menu, and configure it with your original license settings.

Provided that all required AECOsim licenses are checked out with proper version numbers, AECOsim will now utilize the checked out licenses. STAAD.Pro will activate normally by sending usage against your own site.

Caution: Any deviation from the process above can result in the posting of usage to an unintended site. If in doubt, contact Bentley licensing support for assistance.

Answer Verified By: Thomas Hartley 

• As Sylvia mentioned, a checked out license can be used as a solution. As an alternative to having Bentley support or a SELECTserver site administrator check out a license on your behalf as an XML file, you can also check out a license yourself using the following process:

1. Open the License Management Tool.
    2. Select Options from the Tools menu, and configure it with the license settings for your client.
    3. Use the following instructions as needed to check out a license for AECOsim.
    4. Select Options from the Tools menu, and configure it with your original license settings.

Provided that all required AECOsim licenses are checked out with proper version numbers, AECOsim will now utilize the checked out licenses. STAAD.Pro will activate normally by sending usage against your own site.

Caution: Any deviation from the process above can result in the posting of usage to an unintended site. If in doubt, contact Bentley licensing support for assistance.

Answer Verified By: Thomas Hartley 

Children
No Data