Disabling or Turning off the Bentley Connection Client Sign in Dialog box.

I am trying to create a new computer image for our company. We are currently on V8i SS3 - 8.11.8.151. The problem is with the new build and V8i - SS7 - 8.11.12.235, the Bentley Connection Client keeps popping up when logging into the machine not the software the machine, can this be turned off?

When it asks me to login . I tried my Bentley website login but it does not work. I don't want to have all our users to have to create a Bentley login just to get.

Please let me know thanks

Parents
  • Sorry Melissa,

SS7 – 8.11.12.235 is the AutoPlant version using AutoCAD. We don’t have any immediate need for the Connection Client so I was just trying to find a way to turn the login dialog off so it does not come up when the user logs into the computer.

Derrick Hauser
    Toyo Engineering Canada Ltd.
    Suite 300, 150 – 13 Avenue S.W.
    Calgary, AB T2R 0V2
    Main: 403-266-4400 | Direct: 403-218-4151
    Email: derrick.hauser@toyo-eng.ca | www.toyo-eng.ca
    Our Values – Integrity, Creativity, Diversity, Learning, Team.

“We Have Moved !!! Toyo Engineering has moved to a new location as of March 14th, the new address is Suite 300, 150 – 13 Avenue S.W.”

The information contained in this message may be confidential and may also contain privileged solicitor-client information or work product.  The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please notify us by telephone (403-266-4400) immediately.  Thank you.

• DerrickH your user credentials should work for Sign In to CONNECTION Client - it's the same you Sign In to Bentley Communities. If you haven't yet upgrade CONNECTION Client to the latest version (currently 10.00.06.34). There is also Preference to 'Run the CONNECTION Client on system startup' that can be turned OFF. However, to do this you must be Signed In to CONNECTION Client.

http://communities.bentley.com/communities/other_communities/sign-in_assistance_and_web_services/w/wiki/29498.connection-client-preferences

Regards,
    Darius

• Actually, you should be able to disable the auto-start feature by deleting the MySELECT.exe value in the registry from HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. The following can be executed from the Command Prompt:
    reg delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v MySELECT.exe /f

Reply Children