Disabling or Turning off the Bentley Connection Client Sign in Dialog box.

I am trying to create a new computer image for our company. We are currently on V8i SS3 - 8.11.8.151. The problem is with the new build and V8i - SS7 - 8.11.12.235, the Bentley Connection Client keeps popping up when logging into the machine not the software the machine, can this be turned off?

When it asks me to login . I tried my Bentley website login but it does not work. I don't want to have all our users to have to create a Bentley login just to get.

Please let me know thanks

Parents
  • I got so tired of seeing Connection Client I finally just spent the time to make a script to stop it from auto starting. I write a blog post about it here: https://hull1.com/scriptit/2022/11/18/noauto-bentley-connection-client.html

Basically, you will need to modify a config file, delete three registry values, and create a scheduled task to delete these reg values on a regular basis. It's a lot to do just on one PC, and if you manage a lot of PCs, it's unwieldy. So you need to script it.

Connection Client isn't the worst licensing solution. It does allow install of software wherever needed and the silent install options for Bentley software are good--usually just /s handle when calling the setup.exe from CLI. Licensing happens when user logins in so no licensing issues even need to be addressed for IT staff to install. 

The issue with Connection Client is when users need Bentley products, but don't use constantly and don't need to see Connection Client all the time. 

• I got so tired of seeing Connection Client I finally just spent the time to make a script to stop it from auto starting. I write a blog post about it here: https://hull1.com/scriptit/2022/11/18/noauto-bentley-connection-client.html

Basically, you will need to modify a config file, delete three registry values, and create a scheduled task to delete these reg values on a regular basis. It's a lot to do just on one PC, and if you manage a lot of PCs, it's unwieldy. So you need to script it.

Connection Client isn't the worst licensing solution. It does allow install of software wherever needed and the silent install options for Bentley software are good--usually just /s handle when calling the setup.exe from CLI. Licensing happens when user logins in so no licensing issues even need to be addressed for IT staff to install. 

The issue with Connection Client is when users need Bentley products, but don't use constantly and don't need to see Connection Client all the time. 

Children
No Data