managing licenses

I'm curious as to how others are managing their Bentley product licensing. We have a situation where we only have a few seats of LEAP Steel, LEAP Concrete, Open bridge modeler, Inroads, microstation, etc... and we have many users, when at any time will need to use any of it. Bentley has decided to not allow any of us to hardcap licenses and would rather charge us for overages that we have no ability to directly manage. WE have enough licenses, just no means with which to organize the users access to them. We need to figure out a solution that keeps Bentley from sending us a quarterly bill for thousands of dollars.

Parents
  • insert sarcasm font here <<come on Michael, can you not see the huge benefit the kind software company just provided you. This a huge benefit to you>>

We are in the same boat and are completely outraged at the lack of restriction on this very expensive software. Why can't it work like every other piece of software we use....and we use many.

We refuse to pay a 3rd party to address an issue that the software manufacturer should address. Our simple solution is to send out an email stating <entering Bentley product XXXXX>, to all users of the software. Our office is small enough that this has worked well but i can certainly see issues in bigger offices where this scenario would not work.
  • insert sarcasm font here <<come on Michael, can you not see the huge benefit the kind software company just provided you. This a huge benefit to you>>

We are in the same boat and are completely outraged at the lack of restriction on this very expensive software. Why can't it work like every other piece of software we use....and we use many.

We refuse to pay a 3rd party to address an issue that the software manufacturer should address. Our simple solution is to send out an email stating <entering Bentley product XXXXX>, to all users of the software. Our office is small enough that this has worked well but i can certainly see issues in bigger offices where this scenario would not work.
Children
No Data