Activation of Bentley Map PowerView

Hi

We have huge problems with correct activation of Bentley Map PowerView. We have allready discussed it with some Bentley employees (SR 7000582866), but they could not find a solution and told us to post it here.

We have huge problems activating Bentley Map PowerView (newest version 08.11.09.763). The program is installed and we can activate the program in the license manager, so we can see the green check mark beside the program name.

The strange thing is, that we get an error after 13 minutes of use saying that the program is not activated. See the attached image.

We have now set up licens debug mode inside the License Manager. We tested it again and I got this error in the licdebug-file:

"Error:LicenseClient_MarkFeature2 - The UsageId is null".

We do not having any problems running both MicroStation, Bentley Map Standalone, PowerCivil for Denmark etc. on the same machine. Here we do not get any errors.

Maybe I should upload the complete debug-file?

Hope you can help.

Best regards

Rune H. Christensen

• Providing the complete debug will definitely help us to troubleshoot the issue. Please also private message me your site ID so we can review your account. This can be accomplished by hovering over my screen name and selecting "Send a private message" from the popup that appears.

• Adding to Josh's post, we recommend submitting your licdebug.log file via our Secure File Upload page since it contains private information. Just post  a message in this thread once the file has been uploaded so that a Bentley analyst can examine it.

• Your licdebug.log file has been examined. The error you mentioned refers to some feature tracking data recorded by the program, but it may not be responsible for the activation issues. Unfortunately, the log does not capture an activation attempt. Within the License Management Tool, please select Send Logs Now, and then submit the licdebug.log file again using out Secure File Upload page. Let us know when it is uploaded by responding to this forum post.

• Hi Jeremy
    Thank's for quick answer. I've just uploaded a new licdebug-log file where I have send logs. Hope that will be better than the first one.
    Regards Rune
  • The log file confirms that Bentley Map PowerView, Bentley Map, and MicroStation are all currently activated. Oddly enough, only MicroStation usage was transmitted when logs were manually sent, meaning no outstanding usage for Bentley Map PowerView is waiting to be sent. An Application Usage By Hour report confirms that only one-minute test usages generated by the Activate button in the License Management Tool have been transmitted from this machine. Bentley Map PowerView is not recognizing your license for some reason. As a troubleshooting measure, please perform the following steps to store your server name and site activation key to in the All Users profile:

1. Open the License Management Tool as an administrator.
    2. Select Options from the Tools menu.
    3. Click the Elevate to All Users button in the lower right corner.

Please confirm whether PowerView functions normally now.

Just to confirm, you sent the licdebug.log file located in the root of your user folder (i.e. %UserProfile%\licdebug.log), correct? This one includes more diagnostic information than the default one stored in your AppData folder (i.e. %LocalAppData%\Bentley\Licensing\licdebug.log).

Note: Post has been edited to provide some corrections