Apparently my license can only be activated for the current Windows user only i.e. the administrator’s account. There seems to be no options to change the settings from “current user only” to “all users”. Is there any specific workaround for this?
Try explicitly running the License Management Tool as an administrator, select Options from the Tools menu, and click the Elevate to All Users button as shown below:
HI Jeremy, Good day !
With the admin account i have updated the site key and it placed the key in the below location
HKLM/Softwares/Wow64/Bentley/Livcensing/1.1 folder site key and the Select server name,
Key is on the (HKLM) local machine , It still says activation for current user
1) Do we still get the POP up to activate the licenses for all other users ?
2) Does it need to be activated for all the V8I products when they open for the first time ?
3) What is the difference between Normal current user activation and Elevate to all user option ?
Jeremy Thanks for the update , still there are some unknows
Will you be please available for the short call on Monday I.e 08/24/20, i am posting my email ID please revert back to it
Thank you in advance
Please call the Bentley support line at your convenience, and choose option 3 for licensing support. You may ask for Jeremy, but one of my teammates may be able to address your queries as well.
If you have further questions suitable for public consumption, feel free to ask them hear for the benefit of everyone.
Thanks for the update
1) I can not see any license key stored in local user registry other than HKLM, but still for some users who logs into the system getting the license activation pop up
2) "Elevate to all users " stores license information in which path ? can all users who ever logs into the system can access the license with out Activation pop up ?
3) License configured on client via select server is Client specific ? or user specific ?
4) If its user specific , will the license is charged for all of the users who ever logs in and assuming license actiovates automatically if we set "ELEVATE TO ALL USERS "
Can you please help me with the registry keys if license activation "Elevate to all users " can be fixed using the registry keys.
I have activated the license on the Virtual desktop using the "elevate to all users " optiosn and its working fine on it and would like to implement the same on other machines using the registry file .
Can you please help me on this