Queston re: machine reporting

Greetings,

Does anyone know the default reporting interval for a PC to transmit its usage logs to Bentley? For example, do they report daily at a given time?

If they cannot report (i.e. if they were offline) is there a way to see which ones report after that fact?

Why I'm asking: sometimes to get users to CONNECTed status we have manually transmitted the logs (F9) and that sometimes turns the trick. I'm just curious why the logs wouldn't send otherwise.

Thanks for any info!

Parents
  • Does anyone know the default reporting interval for a PC to transmit its usage logs to Bentley?

The default under the SELECTserver licensing system is 24 hours. When a Bentley product is opened, it checks when usage logs were last sent. If the last time was over 24 hours ago, it attempts to send any outstanding usage logs. Regardless of the result, the timestamp is updated. Consequently, usage logs are automatically transmitted once per day at the most.

If they cannot report (i.e. if they were offline) is there a way to see which ones report after that fact?

In more current versions of the License Management Tool (version 09.02 or later), you can see what usage has not been transmitted yet by selecting "View License Log" from the Tools menu. Then use the drop-down menu along the top to view usage DB files as needed.

Why I'm asking: sometimes to get users to CONNECTed status we have manually transmitted the logs (F9) and that sometimes turns the trick. I'm just curious why the logs wouldn't send otherwise.

Yes, selecting "Send Logs Now" from the Tools menu will send any outstanding usage immediately instead of waiting for automatic transmission. This method will expedite a change in the user's status on the Connected Users report if the user is running CONNECTION Client 10.00.10.23 or earlier. These versions of CONNECTION Client use the SELECTserver licensing system which has been supported by the Connected Users report from the beginning. However, CONNECTION Client 10.00.11.42 is the first version to use the new CONNECT Licensing system. We are working to support for it in the Connected Users report so that new users signing into CONNECTION Client 10.00.11.42 are properly recognized.

Answer Verified By: jcallicott 

• Does anyone know the default reporting interval for a PC to transmit its usage logs to Bentley?

The default under the SELECTserver licensing system is 24 hours. When a Bentley product is opened, it checks when usage logs were last sent. If the last time was over 24 hours ago, it attempts to send any outstanding usage logs. Regardless of the result, the timestamp is updated. Consequently, usage logs are automatically transmitted once per day at the most.

In more current versions of the License Management Tool (version 09.02 or later), you can see what usage has not been transmitted yet by selecting "View License Log" from the Tools menu. Then use the drop-down menu along the top to view usage DB files as needed.

Yes, selecting "Send Logs Now" from the Tools menu will send any outstanding usage immediately instead of waiting for automatic transmission. This method will expedite a change in the user's status on the Connected Users report if the user is running CONNECTION Client 10.00.10.23 or earlier. These versions of CONNECTION Client use the SELECTserver licensing system which has been supported by the Connected Users report from the beginning. However, CONNECTION Client 10.00.11.42 is the first version to use the new CONNECT Licensing system. We are working to support for it in the Connected Users report so that new users signing into CONNECTION Client 10.00.11.42 are properly recognized.

Answer Verified By: jcallicott 

Children
No Data