Licensing

So I saw this (below) in the stickies. Does this mean Microstation needs Connection Client to license properly? It doesn't say. Reason I ask is I remove stuff like Connection Client that serves me no purpose. I use Connect release 9.

CONNECT Licensing is Bentley's new process for product activation, enhancing our users' digital workflows and improving our licensing capabilities with features such as:

• License alert notifications when you are approaching a custom usage threshold
  • Replacing site activation keys with user validation, enhancing security around your Bentley licenses and subscriptions"
Parents
  • Hello Bob,

MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 11 features Bentley’s new CONNECT Licensing. During the MicroStation 11 download, the CONNECTION Client will automatically be installed onto your machine if you do not already have it. The CONNECTION Client is required for this update and for all products on CONNECT Licensing as the licensing requires user sign-in to access the application. This user sign-in replaces the product activation key, offering enhanced security for your organization. For more information on CONNECT Licensing, please click here.

Thanks,

Dan

Answer Verified By: Bob Rayner 

• Hello Bob,

MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 11 features Bentley’s new CONNECT Licensing. During the MicroStation 11 download, the CONNECTION Client will automatically be installed onto your machine if you do not already have it. The CONNECTION Client is required for this update and for all products on CONNECT Licensing as the licensing requires user sign-in to access the application. This user sign-in replaces the product activation key, offering enhanced security for your organization. For more information on CONNECT Licensing, please click here.

Thanks,

Dan

Answer Verified By: Bob Rayner 

Children