CONNECTION Client

How will Home Use Licensing be handled once CONNECTION Client is enabled to license OpenRoads CE?

Parents Reply Children
  • Why not just sign in at home on the CONNECT client? One would think that your home pc doesn't have a name anywhere near your work pcs names and Bentley should be able to filter out those names from license charges. Or allocate a percentage of uncharged time towards a node name on a day/week/month bases. You should be able to say Joe on HomePC is a home license and doesn't account for license charges until he exceeds a usage threshold. If Fred starts to show up on HomePC also then it clearly isn't a home use license. This would take a small amount of administration but should be do able.

A checked out license would still account for usage so I am not sure how that solves the situation.

~HTH

John.

yep

• I would say make a second e-mail account with 'Home.' as prefix to the companies domain name. Something like Me@home.company.nl. It must be pretty simple to filter the home part from the domainname and use the rest of the domainname in e-mails or whatever Bentley wants.