CONNECTION Client

How will Home Use Licensing be handled once CONNECTION Client is enabled to license OpenRoads CE?

• Ridiculous!!

Home use licensing is one of the best ways for users to practice MicroStation as they have no time to do it on their busy daily job times.

As a trainer my students frequently ask me for this possibility because the are eager to learn,  even in their free time. So bring it back under CONNECT  as soon as possible.

Paul

~~

• Glenn

A lot of Bentley users love the option to have a Home use license, the flexibility to use MS without the pressure of an IT manager complaining about excess usage is a little bit of pleasure for us. If you remove this, the over usage $$$$ will start to roll in and your users will start to look elsewhere for software solutions.

Its also the only way we can trial new software without the over usage $$$$

Companies cannot afford to have their users check out a full license from home.  This was one of the reasons a lot of your users stay using Bentley software... remove this and you will have a huge task keeping Bentley software alive in the industry.

The user base will I am sure state the anger at this, if it is removed

Ian 

• It's bad enough a small firm like mine has been hit for full quarterly usage for a product I've only ever used to test builds, no models or drawings produced. Now we are going to lose, in my eyes, one of the great benefits of Bentley software. It's been used for training purposes, Bentley Learn and much more. Just another reason I don't want to move out of V8i.

• BENTLEY

3 months have passed and as far as I can tell ... nothing has happened.

THE USER BASE NEEDS HOME USE licenses, its one of the reasons they sign up for SELECT and as far as I can tell it is still listed as a SELECT benefit.

If you are not going to offer this option, then tell us, so we can look elsewhere for a software provider.  At the same time reduce the SELECT fees, for those that cannot go elsewhere.

Sorry but somethings within Bentley are annoying and lack of info just adds to your dedicated user base frustration.

Ian (UK BUG Chairman)

• Hi Ian,

Bentley still has home use licenses for pre-CONNECT licensed applications.  As mentioned previously, we are looking at this for CONNECT Licensed applications as well.  For those that want to use CL Editions at home, you can still do so with a checked-out license.  I understand that is not the same thing but it is a way to use the license at home for the moment.

Thanks