Connection Client v2

This is a duplicate thread of my last CC issue. Still have same issue. Filed ST, followed advice, works for a whikle then I get this-

Please help.

Go to %LocalAppData%\Bentley to delete MySELECT.db.
Parents
  • I see from the service request that CONNECTION Client is not keeping you signed in. Once signed out, MicroStation will function in offline mode for seven days before requiring you to sign in again, hence the error message. Please sign in again to resolve the immediate activation issue. As a troubleshooting measure, please upgrade to the latest version of CONNECTION Client, and note whether it does a better job than the previous version of keeping you signed in. If you find the CONNECTION Client fails to automatically sign in sometime after upgrading, please gather diagnostic logs using the following steps:

1. Open the Windows Start menu, type the following command, and press Enter:
      %CommonProgramFiles%\Bentley Shared\CONNECTION Client\LogCollector
    2. A Log Collector window should appear. Click the Collect button, and save the resulting zip archive.
    3. Upload the zip archive using our Secure File Upload page for further examination by myself or another Bentley colleague.
      Important: Please do not post the zip archive directly in the forum post since it contains personal information.
    4. Respond to this forum post so that I can retrieve the logs on my end. I will examine them to determine what caused the login failure.

• Thanks, yes, running latest version. Files uploaded, this thread info should be there. FYI- last Monday was the last time it failed to log me back in. Often when it shows disconnected I can simply exit and it reconnects, so the issue is intermittent. Thanks for your help!

Connect r17 10.17.2.61 self-employed-Unpaid Beta tester for Bentley

• I can see the sign out on February 4th in the logs. When CONNECTION Client is started, it renews a seven-day login token if the token will expire within the next 24 hours. However, in this case, the computer was awakened from sleep on Monday morning instead of started up, so CONNECTION Client was already running. We do not yet have logic to renew the login token when waking from sleep, just when starting up. Consequently, the token expired a couple hours later and signed you out. Development will file a backlog item to renew the login token if necessary when waking from sleep and will incorporate the functionality in a future version of CONNECTION Client. Utilize one of the following workarounds in the meantime:

1. Shutdown the computer at the end of the day. When your computer is started, it will automatically start CONNECTION Client and renew the login token if necessary.
    2. Upon waking the computer from sleep, restart the CONNECTION Client by exiting it from the system tray. When it restarts, it will renew the login token if necessary.

• Shutdown the computer at the end of the day. When your computer is started, it will automatically start CONNECTION Client and renew the login token if necessary.

No, bad idea. I will try suggestion 2, thanks.

Computer sleeps every night, no issues, usually. I don't really care if it logs off/goes away, but there is a setting to 'automatically sign me in'. That's what doesn't work, sometimes. Just another bug in an expensive buggy piece of software. Be glad when we get out of beta.

• Did not work.

I just filed a second Service Ticket. Bentley has become Intergraph and it Sucks!

• I apologize for the frustration! Development has confirmed that the next release of CONNECTION Client will better support workflows where computers are put to sleep and awakened later. This should help you.

Reply Children
No Data