CONNECT Advisor: How to configure a langauge used by GUI?

Hi,

is it possible (and how) to configure what langauge will be used in CONNECT Advisor GUI?

I have MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 11, English version, installed; no other language pack is installed. From some reason CONNECT Advisor is started with Czech GUI, which is awfully bad. Surprisingly, I have also MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 4) English installed and from V8i, CONNECT Advisor is started with English GUI.

With regards,

Jan

Parents Reply
  • Hi Travis,

What was the outcome of this?

as far as I remember, there was no other than information from Nazeer about logged bug.

But, it should be no problem anymore, because Advisor was canceled and is not installed anymore with MicroStation CE U16 and all products based on the same Power platform version (which applies to the latest ORD version) and the functionality has been migrated directly to CONNECTION Client.

It was not only crappy piece of software, miserably implemented, but above all wrongly designed: This people simply don't understand multi-language reality in some countries and some projects, where Windows, application and language abilities or preferences of a user can represent three different languages.

Bentley Connect Advisor recently started opening in French

There is simple solution available: Find where Advisor is installed (should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bentley Shared\CONNECT Advisor\) and remove wrong language folder, which is "ft" in your case. Standard behavior of the most of software today is that when selected localization is not found, English is used.

Regards,

Jan

Children
No Data