Bentley CONNECT Agreement Service - Overages

I was reviewing  our daily peak application usage report and I was surprised to see a new Application called Bentley CONNECT Agreement Service showing 1 overage a day for the last few days. Can anyone tell me what this application is for and if I should expect an overage invoice at the end of the quarter?

• Welcome to the world of Bentley's hidden ways to charge the customer.

We having same issue.

Overage means that your firm used more licenses then the number of licenses purchased. They will send you an invoice for additional license usage.

You may be wondering, why you do not get a message stating that license not available? or it should ask your permission.

Most software out there will not let you use additional license.

Knowingly Bentley does not have license restriction or warning message built in their software so that they can charge their customer.

When we signed an agreement, we had asked Bentley to not let anyone use additional license but  they failed to monitor and sent us an invoice for using additional license only for a day during entire quarter. I have asked to waive the charges but for over a month the person in charge of our account is not responding.

We are stuck with a monopolized company.

Atul

• We have had the issue you have described above before for Microstation, hence my concern about getting an invoice at the end of the quarter for this application which I do not recognise. Do you know what the Bentley CONNECT Agreement Service is or what is covers?

• Do you know what the Bentley CONNECT Agreement Service is or what is covers?

The Bentley CONNECT Agreement Service is used to confirm whether a user has accepted our End User License Agreement for Bentley Cloud Services when accessing either CONNECTION Client or the CONNECT Portal. This is a free license, and will not incur any charges. You have been receiving an overage notification for it because your site did not have a current list of our free products. Your site is being synchronized with the current list of free products now which should take effect within the next two hours. My apologies for the false alarm!

• Jeremy,

I received your email as follows.

Atul,

While current policy does not provide a hard limit, we provide a capability (i.e. license alerting) to warn users before they use products in excess of a defined limit, a feature I see you have already configured for RAM products using our Subscription Entitlement Service. To ensure alerts function as intended, I strongly recommend upgrading RAM products on any machines still using SELECTserver-based versions since these product versions cannot benefit from license alerting. Attached is a report showing two machines utilizing SELECTserver-based products in Q1 2020.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I am unable to open the attachment.

Please resend the report in PDF format.

Also, please reply to my email regarding Bentley’s unfair practice.

Bentley is capable to restrict use of additional licenses on their end then why are they refusing to make it work?

I know that you can help Bentley change the software and restrict additional usage automatically.

I am writing this because we have received an invoice for $1,131.52 for only accidental usage one day for few minutes for which we did not receive any warning. Despite request to waive the charge, we just received a third notice demanding for a payment.

We have (3) license and our warning is set at (2) license and still this happened. 

Thanks.

Atul Patel, PE