Bug in Connection Client 10.00.15.11 and 10.00.15.11

Having recently updated from Connection Client 10.00.14.18 to 10.00.15.11 we experienced an error wherein Connect Edition products throw an error saying that Connection Client is not installed.

After updating Connection Client, products appear to work correctly for a while, but at random points, they will start throwing this error message: "This application requires the Connection Client to be installed on your computer. Please install Connection Client 10.0.11.x or higher.  In the screencap below, you can see that Connection Client 10.00.15.12 is installed and logged in.

Upon further investigation, I found that Connection Client (although running), was no longer installed.  All installed files for Connection Client were gone, the desktop icon was gone and the Windows Menu applications icon was gone. I tried reinstalling, but was met with the two options of "repair" or "uninstall." Selecting "repair" does not resolve the issue.  After uninstalling, Connection Client can then be reinstalled.

After reinstallation, Connection Client functions normally for a while, and then starts throwing the error again.

We have determined that this is not caused by our anti-virus or anti-malware settings and appears to be something wrong with Connection Client.

We have advised everyone at our site to roll back to Connection Client 10.00.14.18 until the issue is resolved.

10.00.14.18 does not exhibit this error. Bentley reports that they are unable to reproduce the error in 10.00.15.12.  Even if there is an anti-malware or anti-virus function that is somehow hard deleting Connection Client without logging any information about the action, this indicates to me that there has simply been a change in Connection Client between 10.00.14.18 and 10.00.15.11 that causes Connection Client to trigger this sort of behavior in our security settings.