Why do bentleys software not warned you, when you is about to upen the software on your computer when you forgotten to logout on your sleeping laptob??

I did make this (Overdo) many times but "on my knees" have to explayned my situation for Bentleys Accounting Department (who is sending me invoices several month after the situations was happend) ,,,that i am only one person in my office and did forgot to logout my laptop before did start up my Microstation on my home office computer.
Is there any solution to this problem ??,,,
I mean Adobe can do the waning and several others software too,,, I don't even think it's leagal to charge any for somthing you dont know you is about to do,,,,, Not in relation to the purchasing law here in Denmark...

I hope Bentley has the same view of their customers as the customers have of them,,,, As Bentley as a collaborative partner.
I mean the collected paymen Bentleys do to the costumors do not have to depends on how many times costumors forget to shut down a sleeping laptop. this is not fair-play !!

Parents
  • We continually get burnt by Bentley on this issue.  I have discussed this with countless Bentley reps until I am blue in the face.  No one listens.  They DON'T CARE!!  They simply want to send you a $1,600 invoice because software was inadvertently opened on another device.  It is the company Bentley has become.  I have been a user for over 20 years and the customer service is disgusting.  Good luck.

• I got this invoices too,,,, and it really pissed me off,,, why I did not have any special overnatual way of using 2 computers at the same time,,,, I just is a bizzy Architect who they to make my costumer happy and in my hurry forgot to close my laptop/Microstation and forgot all about it when I came to my office,,,,, then 3 month after I got the little fine overdo note with a little fine invoice of exactly the same 1600$ ,,,,, I would like to know if this number is the same for other users overdo ??? 

I do hope Bentley is read this string,,, and take action on this issue,,,,this is not what we in Denmark call "Fair Play" 

Let us here from Bentley ,,, why is anybody not listen and give some answers on this problem??? 

• Amen.  

It's amazing how a software giant can constantly change it's licensing model, but they can't figure out how to write a simple script to cap usage.  Thanks Bentley.  I wish to heck I could bill clients for $1,600 for something I didn't even do.......wait, no I don't.  That would make me a common thief like a certain software company.  

• Hi Jeff,

I suspect that Bentley has been looking at your "simple script" from the wrong angle.  These days, Microstation logs way too much stuff.  If you try to write a "simple script" to see if the computer is off, you can't do it--the computer is not running to execute your script.  Perhaps the script needs to look at the logs.  If the logs are missing entries for the last "X" minutes, then either count the computer as "not in use", or have a routine that runs some sort of check to see if the computer was asleep / hybernated / off.

--Robert

• Why would Bentley make it easier for the end user to control usage when they can simply leave it as is?  Every other software on the planet has these controls built in.  Bentley could if they wanted to, but they don't.

• You are definitely right,,,, Adobe do this warning and you even has the opportunity to lock out on a nother computer before locking in at the actual computer,,,,, 

Bentley out there!!!!! Take action on this point,,,, it's  really under level to others software.

• I am looking at the account associated with your email address, but I am seeing MicroStation and LumenRT usage from only one computer (ending in 7f) for the past several months. I am not seeing any term licensing usage from all of 2019. I will private message you to confirm the company name to ensure I am looking at the right account.

Our new Subscription Entitlement Service (SES) licensing system is intended to address the concerns you cited at the top of this thread. Our license alerting feature enables products using the new licensing system to receive a warning before a defined license threshold is crossed. This feature is not currently enabled on your account, so I strongly recommend enabling license alerting Additionally, when a computer running SES-based products is put to sleep, the licenses are released after a few minutes, and the user is warned to close and reopen products when the computer is awakened. Please note that older SELECTserver-based products do not benefit from either feature since SELECTserver does not have real-time usage monitoring capabilities like the Subscription Entitlement Service. The account associated to your email address has been using only SES-based products since July 2019, though.

• I am looking at the account associated with your email address, but I am seeing MicroStation and LumenRT usage from only one computer (ending in 7f) for the past several months. I am not seeing any term licensing usage from all of 2019. I will private message you to confirm the company name to ensure I am looking at the right account.

Our new Subscription Entitlement Service (SES) licensing system is intended to address the concerns you cited at the top of this thread. Our license alerting feature enables products using the new licensing system to receive a warning before a defined license threshold is crossed. This feature is not currently enabled on your account, so I strongly recommend enabling license alerting Additionally, when a computer running SES-based products is put to sleep, the licenses are released after a few minutes, and the user is warned to close and reopen products when the computer is awakened. Please note that older SELECTserver-based products do not benefit from either feature since SELECTserver does not have real-time usage monitoring capabilities like the Subscription Entitlement Service. The account associated to your email address has been using only SES-based products since July 2019, though.

Children