Activating and Signing in on New PC MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries4) 4 Digit Product Version Number Required???

Hello all,

I got a new PC and my IT guy installed MicroStation V8i (SS4) on it and now when I open MicroStation, it says I have 6 days remaining within its licensed period, so I chose the I already have an account and entered my credential and activation ID and all that stuff and it recognized it and accepted and proceeded to the next dialog window and a few more in during the Product Activation Wizard, it asks me "Would you like to check out a license to your computer (machine)? and below it is a checkbox that says "Use checked out license". So I checked that and it has 3 more fields to enter in. First is email address, the second is a dropdown to select which Product Name, which I entered MicroStation, and the last is Product Version which has 4 horizontal boxes to enter in digits. And I don't know which 4 digits to enter in there..... Can someone please assist in this standstill point I am trying to get through?? Thanks so much in advance. This community has been so welcoming and helpful and just wanted to let you know I truly appreciate the help every time I need something.

Chris LeMay

MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries4)

Parents
  • Something is not right if you are activating against selectserver.bentley.com it means normally no checkout is needed. Also it would mean you have active product maintenance so should use at least Microstation V8i (Selectseries 10) which has active support on Windows 10.

If there is no active SELECT maintenace for your company then you have to activate against productactivation.bentley.com and use checked out license but depending on version there are two unresolved issues and as older than SS10 versions are no longer supported most likely never be resolved:

1. Some versions doesn't allow to input version number without leading zeros. So version 08.11.09.832 should be input as 008.011.009.832
    2. After activating non-SELECT license it will show error that activation failed. This message according to Bentley support is normal. After windows is closed next message will show "you can now use your product". So to make sure check under Help-About afterwards to see if it is activated and also under license status in licensing tool.
    3. Licensing&download PDF received from Bentley for non-select customers may contain wrong link to download "free" upgrade to Microstation SS10 which activates with CONNECT licensing so may not work if user is not previously registered and linked to Site account.
  • Something is not right if you are activating against selectserver.bentley.com it means normally no checkout is needed. Also it would mean you have active product maintenance so should use at least Microstation V8i (Selectseries 10) which has active support on Windows 10.

If there is no active SELECT maintenace for your company then you have to activate against productactivation.bentley.com and use checked out license but depending on version there are two unresolved issues and as older than SS10 versions are no longer supported most likely never be resolved:

1. Some versions doesn't allow to input version number without leading zeros. So version 08.11.09.832 should be input as 008.011.009.832
    2. After activating non-SELECT license it will show error that activation failed. This message according to Bentley support is normal. After windows is closed next message will show "you can now use your product". So to make sure check under Help-About afterwards to see if it is activated and also under license status in licensing tool.
    3. Licensing&download PDF received from Bentley for non-select customers may contain wrong link to download "free" upgrade to Microstation SS10 which activates with CONNECT licensing so may not work if user is not previously registered and linked to Site account.
Children
No Data