Unable to Uninstall WATERCAD or CONNECTION Client.

Hi,

I recently installed WATERCAD on my personal desktop because I needed to record a lecture for my class. I have some major concerns about the behavior of CONNECTION Client

1. It refuses to exit. When I exit the software, it comes back. I do not like the persistence of the CONNECTION client on my personal computer.

2. It does not uninstall from my computer. I tried to uninstall both WATERCAD and CONNECTION client but doesn't seem to help. CONNECTION Client is stuck at "Creating Restore Point" and WATERCAD uninstallation is stuck at "Initializing"

Is there a way to get these software off my computer?

Parents Reply
  • You are no different than many/all power users, we like to know what's happening on our machines; which Bentley doesn't seem to accept or acknowledge.

Our workaround was to write a quick script to kill the two processes (CC and Licensing): we added the script to the machine startup on a timer (to allow the processes to start first) - this kills them initially. Then we put a shortcut on the desktop to allow users to manually kill them after each Bentley software use (if they want).

I guess the developer next-step would be to attach the script to a system 'close-software' event.. but that was a bit too 'next level' for us.

Children
No Data