The Licensing and Activation Community has merged with the Cloud and Web Services Community. Read more here.

Bentley View

I d/l View to review Microstation DGN files. Why I need a license to use a free viewing application is beyond me (except for marketing), but I installed the Licensing Tool with CONNECTION. How do I use the actual View application???

CONNECTION will not connect:

The Licensing Tool won't let me log in OR create a new user:

I get nothing but errors.

was a Microstation user for 16 years, until 12 years ago...I see the licensing hasn't improved...

I've wasted too much time with a "free" app.

Please advise. TY.

Parents
  • Hi - So to be clear, you click on 'New User, Register Now" and you get that error?  Have you tried again since you posted this?  I can't tell what version of the CONNECTION Client you are running and I don't see any details about your environment, so it could be a number of things.  I'd file a Service Request to have it looked at.

Also, you don't need a license, View is still a free application.  But yes, users need to register to run the application, which is fairly common anymore.

Thanks,

Glenn

• Hi - So to be clear, you click on 'New User, Register Now" and you get that error?  Have you tried again since you posted this?  I can't tell what version of the CONNECTION Client you are running and I don't see any details about your environment, so it could be a number of things.  I'd file a Service Request to have it looked at.

Also, you don't need a license, View is still a free application.  But yes, users need to register to run the application, which is fairly common anymore.

Thanks,

Glenn

Children