how can I transfer a permanent Microstation license to a new computer

how can I transfer a permanent Microstation license to a new computer ?

Microstation V8i Ver 8.11.9.829 Purchased Nov 2017

Parents
  • Thankyou Jeremy , very helpful.   I have what may seem a silly question. You outline the steps to take on the “new”computer ……

Open Microstation

How exactly does Microstation appear on my new computer ?
    By downloading from Bentley , or copying from my old computer ?
    My Microstation version is 4 years old ……..8.11.9.829
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter Rafter

• Thankyou Jeremy , very helpful.   I have what may seem a silly question. You outline the steps to take on the “new”computer ……

Open Microstation

How exactly does Microstation appear on my new computer ?
    By downloading from Bentley , or copying from my old computer ?
    My Microstation version is 4 years old ……..8.11.9.829
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter Rafter

Children
  • Hi Peter

If you had not saved a copy of the installation EXE you previously downloaded for MicroStation V8i (08.11.09.829) this would not be available on the Software Download page due to discontinued support. Also, if you are no longer a SELECT customer you would not be able to access this page for downloads. I would suggest raising a new Service Request for this Archived version and Technical Support can provide another method for download.

https://apps.bentley.com/srmanager/

We would suggest that due to discontinued support for this older version you should be considering upgrading to either the latest release of MicroStation CONNECT Edition or at the very least MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 10) 08.11.09.919.

Desktop Applications Support Policy

Regards
    Andrew Bell
    Technical Support
    Bentley Systems

• Hi Andrew

I have a new computer so am transfering my node locked non select license. I can check in the licence on the old computer and it appears in the product list on the new computer. It can be selected and the Check In button highlights. All the information is the same as on the old computer but I get the message "No license found on the server". However I can check in the licence back on the old computer OK. Suggestions please.

trivia: I've been using Ustn since the IGDS days with Intergraph