EULA - MicroStation Automated Use and ProjectWise

Hello,

I would like to ask which is the current situation regarding the topic of automating MicroStation. I read this post of EULA - No Automated Use, but it is 12 years old.

1. Does the EULA still prohibits the use of MicroStation desktop in a "service" style approach?

2. Is it there plans to change the EULA in the future to allow the use of MicroStation Automated?

Additional, I had read that it should be possible to use ProjectWise.

3.  Does the EULA of ProjectWise allow us to run MicroStation in a service style a approach?

4.  Can we setup ProjectWise to (a) open a template in MicroStation (b) run a MicroStation Add-In to modify the template (c) Submit the new documents to the respective position?

Our goal is to develop a product which would do the following steps:

• A webpage receives input from an User.
  • The information is send to a server
  • In the server
    • Open a template in Microstation
    • Execute a Microstation Add-In to modify the template according to the webpage information.
    • Save the file with new name
  • Send the user the new file.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this topic.

// Raul

Parents
  • There is a specific Licensing Forum where you should probably post questions such as this. You can Move your post using the "More" option directly below your message.

That being said, I was able to fin my EULAs for my Bentley products under C:\Program Files\Bentley\ in the appropriate product directories. Mine do indeed mention a non-automation clause. I am not familiar with how that all works, so you will probably need to read them yourself. I'm sure the folks over at the licensing forum will be able to help you understand specifics.

MaryB

Power GeoPak 08.11.09.918
    Power InRoads 08.11.09.918
    OpenRoads Designer 2021 R2

• There is a specific Licensing Forum where you should probably post questions such as this. You can Move your post using the "More" option directly below your message.

That being said, I was able to fin my EULAs for my Bentley products under C:\Program Files\Bentley\ in the appropriate product directories. Mine do indeed mention a non-automation clause. I am not familiar with how that all works, so you will probably need to read them yourself. I'm sure the folks over at the licensing forum will be able to help you understand specifics.

MaryB

Power GeoPak 08.11.09.918
    Power InRoads 08.11.09.918
    OpenRoads Designer 2021 R2

Children