EULA - MicroStation Automated Use and ProjectWise

Hello,

I would like to ask which is the current situation regarding the topic of automating MicroStation. I read this post of EULA - No Automated Use, but it is 12 years old.

1. Does the EULA still prohibits the use of MicroStation desktop in a "service" style approach?

2. Is it there plans to change the EULA in the future to allow the use of MicroStation Automated?

Additional, I had read that it should be possible to use ProjectWise.

3.  Does the EULA of ProjectWise allow us to run MicroStation in a service style a approach?

4.  Can we setup ProjectWise to (a) open a template in MicroStation (b) run a MicroStation Add-In to modify the template (c) Submit the new documents to the respective position?

Our goal is to develop a product which would do the following steps:

• A webpage receives input from an User.
  • The information is send to a server
  • In the server
    • Open a template in Microstation
    • Execute a Microstation Add-In to modify the template according to the webpage information.
    • Save the file with new name
  • Send the user the new file.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this topic.

// Raul

Parents Reply
  • Here, I update the status of my question to give it a closure.

As mentioned here, the company asked the representative Bentley's salesman for permission. The response was that some exceptions to the EULA have been approved and thus this could also be the case.

However, it was decided not to follow this approach and instead implement a different solution that does not break the current EULA. Therefore, I can't inform more about how to get this approval, but it seems possible (to whom might want to try it).

Children
No Data