What is going on with the Connection Client? Is there a conflict with a recent Windows10 update or what?

We have been facing major problems with Connection Client recently. The client application won't start properly. It will launch up to 50 instances and reserves 100% of the  CPU resources.

Furthermore, Microstation, which is our main design tool does not work either because Connection Client doesn't allow it to launch. This problem has occured in five workstations so far. We have 20 workstations running Microstation and this kind of faulty program will cause some serious trouble if it will hang all workstations...

Removing and re-installing Connection Client & Bentley apps didn't help. I managed to get one computer up and running by re-installing the Win 10 OS and all applications but it would be a total nightmare to re-install every single computer.

Is there some solution for fixing the problem?

Regards

Yrjö Ala-Heikkilä

Parents
  • Same experience here. My team (3 including me) spent ALL day yesterday and part of today uninstalling the update from almost 100 machines. THIS was a cluster. Bentley, the onus is on you to fix this. This patch we are uninstalling is a very important security update that fixes 3 zero days and almost 75 other misc security patches. Going without this update for too long is NOT an option. @PL - thank you so much for that Powershell script. We will be testing it and deploying it.

• So Bentley has cost Brian and his company close to 3 thousand USDs.The nasty part of all this is this software is not necessary for most of us. Just give us a license so we can use the software we've already paid for.

For years I loved Bentley and the products I used, in recent years I have some to hate and despise them. I'm way past retirement age, but I need to use a different CAD software. Troubling.............

Connect r17 10.17.2.61 self-employed-Unpaid Beta tester for Bentley

• How NOT to handle a fatal software problem:

1)  Don't tell your users about it.

2)  Let users find out about it on their own.

3)  Offer no specifics on what you are doing to fix it other than a vague "internal investigation"

4)  Offer no timeline on a solution.

5)  Assume radio silence as complaints roll in.

Just an FYI to my fellow "valued customers":  My Windows 10 PC isn't even giving me the OPTION of uninstalling KB5013942, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to use any Bentley software on it.  I fortunately have another WIN 10 PC on which the update was never installed, and have delayed the install to June 16 (as far as it will let me).  So I can use my software for apparently one more month at least.  Wonder what the odds are that this problem gets addressed by then?  Wonder if Bentley will even tell me if they DO solve it?

Bentley was somehow able to send me an email the day before my PC blew up to ask for my feedback on how much I liked SewerGEMS.  It was addressed to "Dear  ,".  Couldn't even insert my name in the body of the email.  Guess what?  "Dear  " is NOT a happy camper.

$7,800 a year for "maintenance".  I can't imagine what you guys with hundreds of licenses are thinking.

I am literally shaking my damned head at this.  ENDOFMESSAGE

• How NOT to handle a fatal software problem:

1)  Don't tell your users about it.

2)  Let users find out about it on their own.

3)  Offer no specifics on what you are doing to fix it other than a vague "internal investigation"

4)  Offer no timeline on a solution.

5)  Assume radio silence as complaints roll in.

Just an FYI to my fellow "valued customers":  My Windows 10 PC isn't even giving me the OPTION of uninstalling KB5013942, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to use any Bentley software on it.  I fortunately have another WIN 10 PC on which the update was never installed, and have delayed the install to June 16 (as far as it will let me).  So I can use my software for apparently one more month at least.  Wonder what the odds are that this problem gets addressed by then?  Wonder if Bentley will even tell me if they DO solve it?

Bentley was somehow able to send me an email the day before my PC blew up to ask for my feedback on how much I liked SewerGEMS.  It was addressed to "Dear  ,".  Couldn't even insert my name in the body of the email.  Guess what?  "Dear  " is NOT a happy camper.

$7,800 a year for "maintenance".  I can't imagine what you guys with hundreds of licenses are thinking.

I am literally shaking my damned head at this.  ENDOFMESSAGE

Children
No Data