Dead Computer - trying to check current usage of licenses

Hi All - having a bit of a tough day. Hoping someone can help?!

So my laptop died this morning. I've been able to recover critical files but OS drive is dead.

It crashed and died while I had Microstation running. I'm worried about installing products on a spare computer and running into overusage of my licenses (I had an issue like that when I had my laptop closed but sleeping... and then using another computer triggered dual usage (and was billed for two users that month).

Can someone please guide me through how to check if I'm currently using a license or not? I'm a solo operator, so apologies for not being too savvy with license management (it's just me!... not a lot to manage!). Some more info:

Microstation V8i / Power Inroads (yes - still!)

I use connection client - I just open the program and start designing.

I don't know what SES really is... but I don't think I use it?! 99% of logins I've been able to find say "Hosted"... a very small number say SES.

I've jumped online and:

1) gone to connect.bentley.com

2) navigated to: subscription services portal

3) navigated to Entitlement / License Management... Then I'm lost!...

4) I've also navigated to "Subscription analytics" then to "Usage Details" and then see a list of my logins... I've checked the last login and logout... but it says it was 2 days ago (when I know I was using yesterday and it was still logged in this morning).

I've chekd various other tabs, but I'm not 100% confident that they confirm I'm logged out / not using my license.

If anyone knows how to check current / live usage that would be a huge help for me. Sorry for the long post. I know there'll be useful info I haven't given (because I don't know what it is!). Having a hell of a day and hope someone can assist.

Parents
  • Hi Jonathan

You can install applications on as many computers as you want - this will not influence your usage or Term Licenses. What is critical and what counts is the running applications and checked out licenses - since checkouts report 24/7 usage.

If your computer crashed and if the application wasn't running through a remote desktop for example, then it shouldn't record any usage any longer. You can check if any licenses are running in "real time" through a Real Time Application Usage report on the Subscription Analytics page - it will show you what licenses are being used and by whom.

To verify if there are any checked out licenses on your account, on the Entitlements/License Management page use the side navigation - Checkouts > License Checkout:

If there are any checkouts - they report 24/7 usage. If needed, you can check in any of the existing checkouts back to the server. You can of course create new checkouts for offline machines if you need too. For more details, see: License Checkouts.

Please remember that you need to check out a license only if it needs to be used on an offline machine.

Answer Verified By: Jacek Majda 

• Hi Jonathan

You can install applications on as many computers as you want - this will not influence your usage or Term Licenses. What is critical and what counts is the running applications and checked out licenses - since checkouts report 24/7 usage.

If your computer crashed and if the application wasn't running through a remote desktop for example, then it shouldn't record any usage any longer. You can check if any licenses are running in "real time" through a Real Time Application Usage report on the Subscription Analytics page - it will show you what licenses are being used and by whom.

To verify if there are any checked out licenses on your account, on the Entitlements/License Management page use the side navigation - Checkouts > License Checkout:

If there are any checkouts - they report 24/7 usage. If needed, you can check in any of the existing checkouts back to the server. You can of course create new checkouts for offline machines if you need too. For more details, see: License Checkouts.

Please remember that you need to check out a license only if it needs to be used on an offline machine.

Answer Verified By: Jacek Majda 

Children
No Data