Failed to Connect to server - Select Server Install

I am attempting to upgrade Select Server to version 9.  I installed according to the notes and when i tried to access the License Mangement Tool, i recived this error.  Pelase see attchment.  What is my next step to troubleshoot this issue?

Parents
  • So i started over with a fresh SQL install along with the Select Server Install.  Now I'm stuck with a "Failed to retrieve a list of available licenses"  Any suggestions?

• I am going back to the first error message.  If you run the SELECTserver Database Setup (with right click Run As Administrator because of Windows UAC) does it say in the dialog

“The selected database is configured to support the Bentley SELECTserver schema required by this install.” , or something else?  I am guessing this might be the problem. what does it say there under the Status tab?

• Unknown said:

I am going back to the first error message.  If you run the SELECTserver Database Setup (with right click Run As Administrator because of Windows UAC) does it say in the dialog

“The selected database is configured to support the Bentley SELECTserver schema required by this install.” , or something else?  I am guessing this might be the problem. what does it say there under the Status tab?

As Mike stated this usually occurs when there is a lack of permissions when the connection to the databse is made.running the utility " AS ADMIISTRATOR " generally resolves that issue. Just as additional information  I am including a link to a wiki on understaning the sections of the Database Setup Tool.

http://communities.bentley.com/products/licensing/w/licensing__wiki/7018.aspx

Seeing that this was an "upgrade" all of the original peices should be in place. I also have  a couple of questions.

What was your previous version of SELECTserver?
    did you uninstall th eold version from ADD\REMOVE Programs before the upgrade or did you install on top of the old version?

Thank
    James

• Unknown said:

I am going back to the first error message.  If you run the SELECTserver Database Setup (with right click Run As Administrator because of Windows UAC) does it say in the dialog

As Mike stated this usually occurs when there is a lack of permissions when the connection to the databse is made.running the utility " AS ADMIISTRATOR " generally resolves that issue. Just as additional information  I am including a link to a wiki on understaning the sections of the Database Setup Tool.

http://communities.bentley.com/products/licensing/w/licensing__wiki/7018.aspx

Seeing that this was an "upgrade" all of the original peices should be in place. I also have  a couple of questions.

What was your previous version of SELECTserver?
    did you uninstall th eold version from ADD\REMOVE Programs before the upgrade or did you install on top of the old version?

Thank
    James

Children
No Data