Failed to Connect to server - Select Server Install

I am attempting to upgrade Select Server to version 9.  I installed according to the notes and when i tried to access the License Mangement Tool, i recived this error.  Pelase see attchment.  What is my next step to troubleshoot this issue?

Parents
  • Daryl decided to take advantage of SELECTserver  OnLine.  I believe the underlying technical problem was permissions to the database.  

Some typical reasons for this are:

• Used the wrong SQL instance.  SQL server can have many database instances running on a server each with their own name.  technet.microsoft.com/.../hh231298.aspx

• Did not elevate SELECTserver Database Setup when setting up database connection – When you don’t run the tool as the administrator on Windows 7 or higher, UAC  may prevent you from reading and writing where everyone including services to see it.

• Database instance not running.

• Don’t have permissions to the database.

• Database port blocked.
    Mike

Answer Verified By: James White 

• Daryl decided to take advantage of SELECTserver  OnLine.  I believe the underlying technical problem was permissions to the database.  

Some typical reasons for this are:

• Used the wrong SQL instance.  SQL server can have many database instances running on a server each with their own name.  technet.microsoft.com/.../hh231298.aspx

• Did not elevate SELECTserver Database Setup when setting up database connection – When you don’t run the tool as the administrator on Windows 7 or higher, UAC  may prevent you from reading and writing where everyone including services to see it.

• Database instance not running.

• Don’t have permissions to the database.

• Database port blocked.
    Mike

Answer Verified By: James White 

Children
No Data