Problem with the services Bentley Select Server and Bentley Select Server Gateway

Today I have the Select Server 8 installed and running on the server with Windows Server 2003 and SQL2000.

I have to make a Select Server migration to another server and I have some problem.

I am trying to install the Select Server 9 on the server with Windows Server 2008 X 64 and SQL 2008, after installing, the services Bentley Select Server and Bentley Select Server Gateway  does not start, when I try to manually start the error occurs: Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly and the Select Server V8i Administration Site not start.

Does anyone have this same problem? Could you please help me?

Thank you

Leonardo

Parents Reply Children
  • I also can't access given link. There are some access restrictions.

• Yes - it's a permissions issue with that particular link.  I'll have that addressed, but until that happens here is the content.  Sorry for any confusion:

If the error 1067: The service terminated unexpectedly occurs when Starting the Bentley SELECTServer Gateway, the following suggestions may resolve the error message.

1. Make sure the SELECTServer Administration Site can be accessd  for SELECT Server (For Bentley Deployed, choose start/programs/Bentley/SELECTserver/administration site or for Bentley Hosted go to selectserver.bentley.com/.../admin ). If you cannot view this page, then the Gateway Service will not start.

2. Make sure the Bentley LM Server service is not running in your windows services page.  If this service is running, please set this to stopped with manual start up and try restarting the Gateway Service.

3. If you are running the gateway on the same machine as SELECT Server, please open the License Management Tool (start/programs/Bentley/SELECTServer/License Management Tool) and change the machine name to localhost (all one word), also make sure you the activation key has all capital letters and no spaces.  In addition if your network requires the use of a Proxy Server and you are using the Bentley Hosted SELECTserver, make sure all required proxy information is entered within the Proxy Configuration Tab.

4.  If you are running Select Server XM Deployed, make sure your Directory Securities under Internet Information Services Manger>Web Sites>Default Website>BSS are set to anonymous access for the BSS virtual directory.

If using Integrated Windows Authentication please do the following:

You will want to open your computer management, and expand local users and groups, and then open your groups folder.  In here you will want to open your Users folder and add the following roles:

ASPNET

NT Authority\Authenticated Users (S-1-5-11)

NT Authority\INTERACTIVE (S-1-5-4)

Once you do this navigate to the properties of your Select Server folder (C:/program files/bentley/selectserver) and add "Modify" permissions to your users group.  After you to this perform an IIS reset: (Start>Run>type IISRESET>hit ok).  Once this is done, you can go back and try to start your SELECTserver Gateway service.  If the error persists the steps in the following technote may remedy the problem: communities.bentley.com/.../authenticating-160-the-bentley-selectserver-gateway-when-integrated-windows-authentication-is-in-use.aspx

If you are still unable to start the Bentley SELECTserver Gateway service, please create a Service Ticket at the following site appsnet.bentley.com/.../addcall.aspx and attach the logs found at C:\Program files\Bentley\SELECT Server\Logs. A Technical Support Analyst will review the logs and contact you to troubleshoot further

• FWIW, the link mentioned has been changed to point to the response in the thread.