SS2 with Parallels

When registering I get an error LicenseTool for Windows has stopped working. Using 08.11.07.443 with Windows 7 through Parallels. Can anyone help with this.

Parents Reply Children
  • Unknown said:

Is there a way around this. Can I get a license file that will run the software locally without going to the web?

Yes, you can generate an XML license file from the SELECTserver administration site that can be imported in the License Management Tool. The following support solution provides instructions for generating a license file. To import the license on a workstation, use the following support solution as a guide. This procedure may rule out communication with the license server as the source of the crash.

To determine the cause of the crash itself, I would recommend visiting the Event Viewer included with Windows. This can be accessed by going to Control Panel, opening Administrative Tools, and then opening Event Viewer. Expand Windows Logs on the left sidebar, and select Application. Look for Error listing pertaining to LicenseTool.exe.

• I have tried going through the Checkout Setting in the License Management Tools but I cannot get the License to check out.  Do you have any more ideas. I have made a case on SR Manger site. No response since the update this morning

• I've been using Parallels with MS for several years.  Using XP, Win7 and Win8.1 VM's.  the License Manager does work so it may be a parallels network config issue.

The only issue I have had is at one point select server was loging 2 uses for one session.  One for the Windows Node and one for the OSX.  I'm assuming that has been have been fixed because they stopped calling me telling me I had to buy more license.