Bentley Licensing SCAM - beware

So, It appears to me that Bentley has changed it's licensing system from helpful to a scam. 

About 3 months ago I was contacted by an "account representative" that told me that I had several occasions where I was over the number of licenses that I had purchased, which wasn't possible....since I am a 5 person firm with only THREE users, and have THREE licenses of Microstation, I was told by this "Account representative" that I needed to sign up for a different licensing agreement or I would be assigned the more expensive one without it being my choice. So I did...I agreed to "Select open access"...this was suppose to be the best solution to me according to this account rep.

This week I got a "WARNING" that I would be recieving a punitive invoice for OVER USE of my agreed license unless I purchased another copy of microstation, and was sent a spreadsheet that showed 4 days over the past 3 months that there were 4 uses of Microstation.....the impending invoice is $5000. 

The best part is that the FORTH license is being reported from a computer that is only used by a remote person to remote desktop into to connect to our server, not a forth employee.

I have asked this "Account representative" to give me his supervisors information and so far he has refused.

Parents
  • We let Bentley host our licenses, so it's their own reporting feature that they claim is showing a forth hit, and I will say this again......4 days in 3 months. The Account rep stated which computers were the culprit, and one is a computer that is set up for a remote user to connect into from a separate location, it's never used as a workstation. I'm guessing that I got on that computer to fix an issue, or load a new version of Microstation, and THAT'S where the reading happens, but if they think I'm going to buy an additional $5000 license because of that, they're wrong.

• We let Bentley host our licenses, so it's their own reporting feature that they claim is showing a forth hit, and I will say this again......4 days in 3 months. The Account rep stated which computers were the culprit, and one is a computer that is set up for a remote user to connect into from a separate location, it's never used as a workstation. I'm guessing that I got on that computer to fix an issue, or load a new version of Microstation, and THAT'S where the reading happens, but if they think I'm going to buy an additional $5000 license because of that, they're wrong.

Children
No Data