How can I _constantly_ overuse my Select License? (Question 1) How can I be in constant checkout? The licens manager Utility is activated, and no Check out at all in my side...
How can I 'use' my license 0-24 when I am 200 km away from my office? (This was a sunday, when I was an organiser of a sport event)
How does your license registration system is working if I have overuse everyday when I use my SW since 1 Jan 2014 when this OpenAccess madness started?
Why I can not get ANY answer about it via service tickets? When will you solve this constant problem?
Thanks for ANY answer.
Can you provide me with the service requests that were unanswered so I can look into that, as well as your usage concerns?
- I have 1 license of PowerCivil.
- I used the GEOPAK version of PowerCivil
- Since there is no PowerCivil for Geopak any more (no SelectSeries 3), I decided to change to PowerCivil for UK and Ireland. It has SS3 version (the new OpenRoads)
- This change was asked in January, and I received the new license information on 9th Jan 2014. (The license PDF file is attached )
- I had problem with this license – it was something wrong – it didn’t worked
- The first Service Request went on 10/01/2014: Bentley Service Request (#7000093817) for Vidovenyecz Zsolt (See: 2014 0120 Powercivil lic.PNG)
- On 25/01/2014 wrote the solution, there was something buggy in your server, that was the technical problem. (See:
- 24/02/2014: I got a nem license information PDF (attached: 44579518 50 FEB 14 2014 16h33s.pdf)
- It solved the technical problem. So technically everything is ok, I can use the latest PowerCivil on more machines (at home and at my office)
- The problem is: By the invoicing system, ALL of my software usage is overuse, because the number of allocated licenses for me is 0 – by the invoices…
- Here is the license usage for Jan-Mar: 2014 0331 Azimut license.PNG. It shows that I have 0 license…
- And now the same for the Q2: See 2014 0716 License overuse 2014 04-06.PNG and see: 2014 0716 License overuse 2014 0511 Sunday.PNG
- The 11/05/2014 shows a day, when I was 200 km away from my home, and I have a constantly checked out license on my office machine. Why? How?
It seems that you are working on several machine, and the license is checked out on one of them, causing a 24/7 usage.
When the other machine is used, 2 usages are counted.
Please open the license management tools on each machine select the license check out tab and if any product is indicated in the lower list, check them back in.
Only once this have been done you'll be able to manage using one license on more than one machine.
I've checked my computer (vzsolt) and both users' settings. No one is using any checked out licenses...
My check covered:
c:\Program Files\Bentley\PowerCivil V8i (SELECTSeries 3)\PowerCivil\
- Licensetool exe under my account as a regular user:
The license is not checked out, it's available...
- Licensetool exe under my account as an administrator: (the same, the license is available, not checked out)
- Licensetool exe under the other account as a regular user:
This is a 'Guest' account, with very limited rights. Normally, this user cannot access any work folder or any Bentley related program folder, and no access to the program starter exe files... It hasn't got any Bentley product activation (and this is good). So no checked out license here.
I have no other idea. If you or your colleagues can contact me directly, via TeamViewer or any screen sharing application, I'd be the best way, I think. There is no forgotten checked-out license on my computer.
regards: Zsolt V.
To go any further, we will need to exchange confidential information, I'm creating a service request and contacting you by email