What is the purpose of this information?
The deployment image is created by the system administrators for installing the application with the same installation configuration on multiple machines. The installation configuration includes the installation location, features, shortcuts, and so on. Once created, users will be able to double-click Setup_CONNECTIONClientx64_10.00.15.011.exe available in the deployment image to install the application with the set configuration without the need of any user interaction or internet connection for component downloads. The deployment image can be shared in the network as a UNC path or pushed using SMS/SCCM.
Advantages of Using a Deployment Image
Conceptually, the deployment image can be considered as a pre-configured offline installer. Following are the advantages of using a deployment image:
Contents of Deployment Image
The deployment image contains all the files that are packaged with the product as well as the downloadable files, including Companion Features and Applications. It may optionally contain external applications or packages that you add while creating the deployment image. The image does not analyze the system on which it is created. It simply saves all the components for installation. The deployment image also saves the installation configuration.
Before You Start
Using non-root drive:
If the installation drive set in the deployment image configuration settings is other than the root directory (usually c:\), make sure that the drive exists on the machine on which the application is to be installed.
These are the pre-requisites for creating a deployment image:
Deployment Image Settings
The deployment settings are displayed when you run the setup in/layoutmode. Following deployment image settings are displayed in the CONNECTION Client Installation Wizard.
Deployment Image Location
Click the Change button next to the deployment image location path to open the Browse for folder dialog for selecting the location where you want to save the deployment image. This can be an existing location or a new folder can be created using the browse dialog. Typically, this will be in a network location. Create a new appropriately named sub-folder for each Deployment Image, e.g.:
Create a Deployment Image
1. In the command line, go to the folder that contains the CONNECTION Client setup executable and run the executable with the /layout command.
2. The CONNECTION Client Installation Wizard opens.
3. (Optional) To change the application installation location, click the Browse button next to the Application Path. We recommend that you accept the default install location unless there is a particular reason not to: In the Browse For Folder dialog that opens, browse to the drive and folder you want to install the product in, then click OK.
4. Select the language version to be installed
5. [optional] Create application shortcut on Desktop [Required] Accept the End User License Agreement
6. Click Next
7. Select the installation mode, 'Passive UI Mode' is the default that applies to most situations. Browse to and select the Deployment Image Location, creating a separate sub-folder for each deployment image
8. In the Features stage the only feature installed is the CONNECTION Client
9. Click Layout to create the deployment image. The usual installer dialog boxes will appear, and required (or potentially required) components will be downloaded
10. Click Finish to exit the CONNECTION Client Installation Wizard. The deployment image is created at the selected location.
The resulting files created will be similar to this:
*Please note: These files are included in the deployment image so that all required files are available on the local network during installation without the need for further online downloads speeding up the installation and avoiding repeated downloads of the same files.
12. Run Setup_CONNECTIONClientx64_10.00.15.011.exe to install. This can be done:
a. Manually on the machine where the CONNECTION Client will be installed by browsing to the deployment image location
b. Using installation management software as mentioned above.
Installation - Silent
Installation - Manual