The Licensing and Activation Community has merged with the Cloud and Web Services Community. Read more here.
What is the purpose of this information?
Subscription Entitlement Service uses a Bentley login attached to an organization with licenses to activate products. There are two options to activate a Subscription Entitlement Service product for the first time.
Option 1: Activation through product use
Please perform the following steps:
1. Open CONNECTION Client and ensure you are signed in.
2. Open your product. When opened for the first time, it will check with the license server to determine whether it has access to the product.
To confirm your access, perform the following steps:
1. Open the Windows Start menu, type "Bentley Licensing", and select Bentley Licensing Tool from the search results.
2. Locate the listing for your product, and note the value in the Access column.
3. If the Access column shows a value of "Allowed", your organization has licenses for this product, and your Bentley login has been permitted to use it.
Option 2: Manual activation through the Activation Wizard
If the product is not yet installed or if you want to activate it without incurring usage first, please perform the following steps:
2. Select Activation Wizard from the Tools menu.
3. In the window that appears, accept the default selection, and click the Next button.
4. If your product is not listed, click the Add Product link at the bottom of the list.
5. Type the name of your product in the field at the bottom. A drop-down menu will show valid entries. If your product requires a feature string, choose one from the Feature String drop-down menu as well.
6. Click the check mark icon along the right edge.
7. If adding more than one product at a time, return to step 4.
8. Click the Next button to request activation of the products listed.
9. Note the values in the Access Kind column. If it shows a value of "Allowed" for a specific product, your organization has licenses for this product, and your Bentley login has been permitted to use it.
Other Language Sources