For extended offline scenarios beyond the offline period of products (i.e. usually seven days), Subscription Entitlement Service provides the capability to reserve or check out licenses.
*Please note: An Organization needs to have one person with access to a machine that can check out a license policy file that can be distributed to those without access.
Machine name is a requirement to import the license when checked out by the admin. For VDI system, if the users get different names you will need to check out a license daily.
How do I check out a license?
1. Open the Subscription Services Portal. Only users with Admin or Co-Administrator roles can access the Portal.
2. Click the Entitlement Management tile under Support Service & Administration Resources.
3. On the Entitlement Management site that appears, select License Checkout
4. On the License Checkout page, click on Create New Checkouts to expand it.
5. In the expanded section, enter the name or email address of a Bentley login associated with your organization. To specify an email address, choose Email from the drop-down menu. In either case, select one of the matches that appear as you type.
*Please note: The user specified need not be the recipient of the license file. We recommend specifying the recipient if he or she has a Bentley login since the name will appear on the Active Checkouts list. Otherwise, specify the administrator generating the license file.
6. If checking out a license for a product using the Subscription Entitlement Service, leave the SES radio button selected. Otherwise, select the SELECTserver radio button instead. Note the fields will change when doing so.
7. In the Machine Name field enter the computer name of the recipient's computer. The computer name can be retrieved from the System control panel.
8. Under the Select Applications section, enter the name of a product. As you type, a list of search results will appear. Choose one from the list. Multiple products can be added if necessary. Then click the Add button.
9. Enter a four-part version number in the Version field for each product listed. This should match the version number of the product on the recipient's computer. It will be recorded on the Active Checkouts list for administrative purposes. By default, Entitlement Management will attempt to check out a license for one year. To specify a duration less than a year, modify the date specified in the Select Expiration Date field by clicking the calendar widget. Once finished, click the green License Checkout button.
10. The browser will prompt to download a license file with either a BELIC (for SES) or XML (for SELECTserver) extension. Save it, and transfer it to the recipient's computer.
11. For verification purposes, the checked out license will now appear in the Checkouts list with both a user name and computer name. Expand the listing by clicking the carat to see the product, version number, and expiration date for the license.
1. Transfer the generated license.belic file to the recipient's computer.
2. For SES-based products, import the license file via the Bentley Licensing Tool. For SELECTserver-based products, import the license file via the License Management Tool.
Please Note: CONNECTION Client will still prompt for sign-in but can be safely dismissed. The product will function if a checked out license is present.
Licenses will automatically check in once they reach their expiration date, but administrators can check in a license early if necessary by clicking the green icon with arrow as shown below.
Italiano , Français , Deutsch , Español , Polski