Groups can be used for Subscription Entitlement Service, site grouping, or user grouping. There are 3 types of groups:
User Groups can be created and used to group users by site. When exporting your list of users you can sort by group.
Entitlement Groups are used for Subscription Entitlement Service application entitlements See Entitlement Management Configuration for more detail. Entitlement Groups are linked to Entitlement Management where an administrator can easily select an Entitlement Group and allow/disallow the use of specific applications.
Allocation Groups offer an easy way to organize your users and applications in your reports. Since most customers are still running in a hybrid world of SeS and traditional SELECTserver licensing, we’ve introduced a way to map usage reported to SELECTserver under Activation Keys into Allocation Groups. This will allow your SELECTserver usage data to show up under Allocation Group reports in the Subscriptions Analytics Portal.
1. From the CONNECT Center > Subscription Services Portal click the User Management tile
2. From the User Management home screen click on Manage
3. Click Manage Groups
4.Click Add Group
5. Type in a Group Name
6. Group Type is one of the 3 mentioned above (User, Entitlement, or Cost Allocation). To pick Group type User leave the selections unchecked and when you save it will become a User Group.
7. Click Save to create the group
Once the Group has been created you can now assign the group to your list of users
1.Go to your list of user and place a check to the left of the users Username/Email in the list then select Assign Groups
2. Select the Group Type and if there are multiple groups of that type available select which one you want to add the user to then click Apply
A user can only belong to one of each group type. If they already belong to a group of that type you will see the following:
Once you select the group a message appears that the user has been assigned to a group