What is the purpose of this information?
To guide an Administrator or user to activate applications using SELECTserver. Activation of the software is achieved by entering a Server name and site activation key into the product. The Server Name and site activation key are entered into the "Product Activation Wizard" or into the “License Management Tool”.
How do I activate a product?
*Please note: You will need your SELECTserver activation key. Refer back to the Fulfillment document or locate the Site activation key under Subscription Analytics, or contact your Account Administrator for the activation key.
Key On Fulfillment document -
Key Under Subscription Analytics -
Users with at least one of the following roles are able to access the Subscription Analytics:
1. Go to https://connect.bentley.com and Sign In.
2. Click on your company name at the top to access the Subscription Services Portal.
3. Click the tile that reads Subscription Analytics.
4. The Subscription Analytics will open on a landing page with tiles of the available reports. Click "Activation Key Audit" to see the site activation keys associated to your account -
Your site activation key(s) will be visible in the report.
Step 1: Determine which type of SELECTserver you are running
There are two different ways to use the SELECTserver
1. Hosted: Your applications connect directly to the Cloud-Based SELECTserver via the internet, using the Server name selectserver.bentley.com. This article covers the Hosted SELECTserver.
2. Deployed: With Bentley approval, SELECTserver can be installed locally. Your applications connect to your local SELECTserver using your local Server name. Then, SELECTserver connects to a Bentley Server to pull down a list of products. If you are using a Deployed SELECTserver, please see Activating Against a Deployed Local SELECTserver for activation instructions.
Step 2: Using the Product Activation Wizard
The Product Activation Wizard should open automatically once a product is installed. If not, search your machine for: licensetool.exe. See the License Mangement Tool for additional instructions if needed.
Once in the Product Activation Wizard, you are given the following options:
2. Once selected, click Next> in the bottom right corner. When selecting the "SELECT subscriber activating against a hosted (Bentley) SELECTserver," the server name will be filled in by default.
3. Fill in the Site Activation Key in the Site Activation Key box.
*Please Note: Due to the length of the site activation key, it is recommended that each user copy and paste the information directly into the license management tool. Also, be sure there are no extra spaces before or after the server name and site activation key as this can prevent a proper activation.
4. Once completed, select Next>
6. Once a country of use is selected, Next>
The following screen is titled "License Checkout".
*Please note: Using a checked out license is only intended if you will be without an internet connection for an extended period of time. If connected to the internet, a checked out license is not needed.
7. Select Next> to Finish activation.