The Licensing and Activation Community has merged with the Cloud and Web Services Community. Read more here.
For extended offline scenarios beyond the offline period of products (i.e. usually seven days), Subscription Entitlement Service provides the capability to reserve, or check out, licenses. Machines with internet access can reserve a license from the Bentley Licensing Tool. For machines without internet access, license files can be generated from Entitlement Management by an Administrator or Co-Administrator from an internet-connected machine.
Admin - Generate License File
To create a checkout, the first step is for an Administrator or Co-Administrator to generate a license file.
1. Navigate to license checkout. This is the new License Checkout page.
2. From the top right corner choose the “Entitlement Country.” This corresponds to the Usage Country on the IMS user’s profile.
3. Click on “Create New Checkouts” drop down
The section will expand:
The required information is:
4. Select the User the checkout is for. A checkout is valid for only one user. You may search either with their Name (default) or Email.
5. Enter the name of the machine that the license will be used on
6. Select the expiration date for the checkout. If your contract end date is less than a year, the checkout will automatically be set for your contract end date. If it is greater than a year, the checkout will automatically be set for one year.
7. Begin typing the Application name and select it from the drop-down. A checkout may have one or more applications.
After selecting the applications, click the “Add” button
8. Enter the application version to be checked out.
To remove an application, click on the “trash can icon” to the far right.
9. Once all of the required information is entered, the “License Checkout” button will become active.
10. Click on the License Checkout button. This will begin a download of the license file to your machine. At this time, Bentley has begun recording 24/7 usage of the application until the license has been checked in. The browser will prompt you to download a license file named "the.machine.name.you.have.enter.belic". Save it and transfer it to the user's machine.
User - Import License File
Once you have received the license file from your administrator, you may import the license file. This will enable you to start the Bentley application. The instructions for importing the license file may be found in the Communities article titled Overview of Bentley Licensing Tool
Admin - Check In a License
The license will automatically check in once the expiration date has been reached. But admins may check in a license early.
Current checkouts have two icons. The green button is to check-in license.The arrow down is to download the license file.
Use the toggle switch “expired” to identify the expired checkouts.
The expired checkouts are highlighted red, and the active checkouts remain white.You may select multiple active checkouts and download all of them at once in a zip file. You may also select multiple checkouts to check-in at once. When one or more checkouts are selected, options for check-in and download license will be activated.
At the bottom of the License Checkout page is a table with your organization’s active and expired checkouts.
From here you can manage your current checkouts. Drag and drop the column header to the row directly above the column headers to sort the table. You may add multiple columns for a custom sort. Click on the label to toggle between ascending and descending.
You may also filter each column by clicking on the filer icon
Or sort by each column by just clicking on it. This sort option is overridden by the custom sort above the column headers.