The Licensing and Activation Community has merged with the Cloud and Web Services Community. Read more here.
1. Review the Technical Requirements for SELECTserver (09.XX.XX.XX).
Review “Additional Information” links at the end of this document
2. Download the version to match your operating system: 32-bit or 64-bit. Refer to the Software Downloads Instructions support solution for general downloading instructions.
3. The full version includes the SELECTserver Gateway. There is no need to run the “GATEWAY-ONLY” downloads.
NOTE: a) The SELECTserver Gateway Only downloads are for sites not running a “FULL” SELECTserver that need to use the older legacy (Pre-V8 XM Edition) applications.
b) Review the document “Gateway Update Process” if doing a Gateway Only update.
4. Uninstall the old version first (DO NOT INSTALL THE NEW VERSION ON TOP OF THE OLD ONE).
Do not uninstall the SQL database.
5. Run the downloaded executable and allow it to unpack. Please note where the extracted files unpack. The default directory is C:\Program Files\BentleyDownloads
DO NOT remove the registry keys if prompted. The 08.09.xx.xx versions ask this question. Leaving the keys allows the newer version to “auto configure” the application based on the retained registry information.
6. Run the “setup.exe” executable from the extracted files and follow the prompts for installation. Please refer to page 83 in the SELECTserver 9 manual for step-by-step installation instructions.
7. If asked, there is no need to install SQL database since you will be using a “previously installed database.” There is no configuration required because the registry (discussed in step 5) contains all of the configuration information including the password for connecting to your database.
8. Once the process is complete, the application will update the database schema
SELECTserver 9 Technical Requirements: http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Corporate/SELECT/ss9+requirements.htm
SELECTserver Product Pagehttp://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/SELECT+Server/
SELECTserver 9 FAQ http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Corporate/SELECT/ss9+faqs.htm Deployed SELECTserver Knowledge Requirementshttp://communities.bentley.com/products/licensing/w/licensing__wiki/deployed-selectserver-knowledge-requirements-tn.aspx
Product TechNotes and FAQs
Licensing TechNotes and FAQs
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
SELECTservices page on Bentley website
TechNotes and FAQ archive
Comments or Corrections?
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!