Nothing about this program makes any sense to me.
1. I go to FulfillmentCenter Software Downloads, under CONNECT Advisor, and the only thing available to download is CONNECT Advisor Security Update. What about CONNECT Advisor itself?
2. I download and install the 64-bit version of CONNECT Advisor Security Update, but no shortcuts are created anywhere for it. How do I use this thing?
3. After searching, I found a lone program under the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bentley Shared\CONNECT Advisor Security Patch" called CONNECT.Advisor.Security.Patch, and I ran it, and it lists a bunch of folders on my hard drive, some of them multiple times. 3 of the entries say "Patch Required". But when I push the Patch Dlls button, all 3 of them error out saying "Could not find a part of the path".
4. Why aren't these patches being done through CONNECTION Client?
1. If you Filter on the Generation
for Generation =v8i you should be able to see CONNECT Advisor
for Generation = CONNECT Edition, you should see CONNECT Advisor Security Patch
2. The Security Patch is a silent utility and patches dlls for the CONNECT Edition products.
After you patch the dlls, you would normally work, as you would with your CONNECT Edition applications
3. The patch needs to be run only once (it runs automatically after you install it),
running it multiple times or manually, will give errors, as dlls are already patched
4. for v8i, Yes these are delivered via the CONNECTION Client
for CONNECT Edition, this is a one time install of the Security Patch
Will an upgrade to the latest version of CONNECT Advisor resolve the issue as well, or must users run the security patch?
For V8i an upgrade to latest version will resolve the problem
for CONNECT Edition, running the security patch should resolve the issue,
new versions of CONNECT Edition products released will automatically have the updated CONNECT Advisor
I just installed Ram Elements version 126.96.36.199. Does this mean that I have the updated security patch?
If you run RAM Elements and launch CONNECT Advisor and launch the About box by clicking the "i" icon
and see the version number as shown below, then you have an updated version
RAM Elements specific
- if version number is 10.1.0.16 , you need to run the security update
- if version number is 10.1.0.17 , you are good and have version with the security updates