SELECTserver allowed organizations to organize their licenses into sites and then further refine their access and reporting with the use of Custom Activation Groups with separated activation keys for each site or group. As Bentley shifts to the Subscription Entitlement Service (SES) which eliminates sites, we are introducing Allocation Groups. Allocation Groups offer an easy way to organize your users and applications in your reports. Under SeS Allocation Groups work based on User Login or Groups of Users. Since most customers are still running in a hybrid world of SeS and traditional SELECTserver licensing, we’ve introduced a way to map usage reported to SELECTserver under Activation Keys into Allocation Groups. This will allow your SELECTserver usage data to show up under Allocation Group reports in the Subscriptions Analytics Portal. The following instructions guide you through mapping your existing CAGs to the new Allocation Groups. If you have any questions or need additional help, please check the Frequently Asked Questions or contact technical support.
Create an Allocation Group
Allocation Groups are special groups in User Management that have been created to enhance Subscription Analytics. There is a restriction that a user can only be a member of 1 allocation group at a time and the system will stop you if you attempt to violate that rule. You can make any group that you may already have a Allocation Group as long as it doesn't violate this restriction.
Before you begin – It is recommended that you make sure all Bentley application users are registered in User Management.
1. Sign in to the Subscription Services Portal to access User Management or go directly to the Group Management page.
2. Click Add Group.
3. Set the following fields, then click Save.
The new Allocation Group is now created.
Map a User to an Allocation Group
1. From User Management, search for the user you wish to place in an Allocation Group.
2. Check the box next to the user's name and click the Assign Groups button.
3. Locate the Allocation Group and check the box next to it and click Submit. You may use the drop-down and search bar to find the group more easily.
The user is now in the Allocation Group.
Map an Allocation Group to an Existing Activation Key
View Allocation Groups in Reports
Other Language Sources