Capturing a network trace will allow Bentley to diagnose many common problems with federated connections on all authentication protocols, to include WS-Fed, SAML, and OIDC. Browser traces can also be used to troubleshoot browser based application issues such as problems encountered in User Management or a web version of ProjectWise, for example.
Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge
1) Proceed to https://ims.bentley.com/ or your problem application and ensure that you're signed out and the page is ready for you to sign in. If you're experiencing an application issue, please navigate to the page where the issue is reproducible.
2) Right click anywhere on the page and hit "Inspect" from the bottom of the menu that pops up on the browser.
3) Go to the "Network" tab. You may need to expand the size of the panel on the right, or use the ">>" arrows to select the Network option from the dropdown.
4) Hit "Preserve Log"
5) Either complete a fresh authentication until you experience an issue or replicate your application issue.
6) Now that a trace has been captured, hit the Download button directly to the right of "Preserve Log". You will get a .HAR file.
7) Provide .HAR to Bentley
1) Proceed to https://ims.bentley.com/ and ensure that you're signed out and the page is ready for you to sign in. If you're experiencing an application issue, please navigate to the page where the issue is reproducible.
2) Hit F12 on your keyboard. This will open the DevTools pop up on the bottom of your screen.
3) Hit the gear on the far right of the options. This will give you the option to "Persist Logs". This will ensure that all data is captured through the redirects.
4) Go to the "Network" tab.
6) Now that a trace has been captured, hit the same gear and you'll have the option to "Save All As HAR". Select this option.
7) Provide .HAR file to Bentley