I am trying to draw a lot of driveways on this job I am working on. I have lines for the edges of my driveway that are not ruled to anything, along with my line at the R/W that was an offset to the R/W, then I removed the rules and then re-ruled it so it was also a free element not ruled to anything.
Then I created my 15' radii which are ruled to the driveway edges and the EOP. I am trying to trim all these lines so they look correct for the plans and each trim command is taking at least 10 seconds. I have a ton of lines to trim and this is going to take way too long
I am on MR5 and the required Microstation and Geopak..
I think I am starting to realize what the issue may be. My EOP line is a line with a ton of vertices. This project is basically just adding shoulder to an existing roadway. So what I did is copy in the line strings for the existing EOP, drop them, rule them with EOPA, then create a Complex Element from them.
I think the bulk of the issue is Microstation is trying to write these rules that include ruling to a line that is already very complex. Seems like its just a memory issue with Microstation again.
I think to get around this, I am going to have to rule that radius line to a separate element that sits on top of the EOP line, but that is not a very ideal solution.