I am having difficulty getting shp files to show up in my plan sheets. It shows up in the default model but not the sheets. I have tried it two ways with the same result. I have a dgn with the shape files referenced into it. I then referenced this into my plan.dgn file. Live nesting is on with a depth of 1. I have tried changing depth as well. I also tried referencing the shp files directly into the plan.dgn file. If anyone has any experience with this issue or any ideas, please let me know. This is what message center says. It appears to be the same issue for both tactics:
What version of MicroStation/Geopak/ORD are you using?
Eddie Giese, PEProduction Manager (licensed in FL & PA)
Patel, Greene & Associates, LLC PowerGEOPAK V8i SS10 (08.11.09.918)OpenRoads Designer 2021 R2 (10.10.21.4)OpenRoads Designer 2020 R3 (10.9.0.91)ProjectWise Explorer CE 10.0.3.453LumenRT CE Update 14 (22.214.171.124)
I am working in OpenRoads Designer CONNECT Edition -2020 Release 2 Update 8 - Version 10.08.01.33.
Hopefully I am understanding your question correctly.
Have you tried using Global Freeze or Global Display to control the level display in the Default model so that it is translated correctly into the Sheet model? Using View Display will not carry through unless you set it before cutting the sheets. This is because ORD creates Saved Views that retain the level settings during creation of the Named Boundaries.
Also, we have noticed issues with using the reference nesting in the Default model, even though the Sheet model's using a nesting depth of 99. To get that to work properly (as what is essentially your reference motif), it's often best to attach your data directly to that Default model, if possible.
Hope that helps,
Thank you for your reply. A colleague helped me before trying your suggestions and we were able to find a solution.
We merged the .shp references into the .dgn file, essentially changing it into a .dgn file. We then referenced that file into the plan.dgn file. It's showing up in the plan sheets now, which is what we needed.
Thanks again for your suggestions.
No problem! You essentially eliminated the nesting problem I mentioned by doing that. Glad to hear you got it worked out!