When posting on the OpenFlows (Haestad) | Hydraulics and Hydrology forum, providing a copy of the hydraulic model can greatly help clarify the question or problem, ultimately leading to a faster solution. Please be sure to compress the files first (ie. .zip, .rar, .7z, etc) or use the Save to Package option from the File menu (available in CONNECT Edition Update 1 and greater)
If data confidentiality is not a concern, your model can be directly attached to your forum thread.
1. Sign in to Bentley Communities and navigate to the forum thread.
2. Click Reply to open the text box to type your reply.
3. Click on "Insert" from the bottom menu and choose "Insert image/video/file"
4. Select "File Upload" from the dropdown, browse to and select your file, then click OK:
Please see further below for the files needed to be included in the Zip.
If your data is confidential and you do not wish to share your hydraulic model publicly, the below Bentley Sharefile system can be used to securely upload the model where only Bentley Support staff have access. Models sent to Bentley will not be shared outside of Bentley.
1. Copy the forum thread URL. This helps coordinate the file(s) being provided with the forum topic and the member they relate to.
2. Open this link.
3. Enter all applicable information in the fields provided and click "Upload Files". Please see further below for the files needed to be included in the Zip. An activity indicator will appear identifying that the upload is taking place. Once complete, an informational message indicates if the upload is successful or not.IMPORTANT: If the upload is successful you should confirm you have uploaded the file(s) and note the file name(s) in the "Forum thread URL" forum thread. Note that the file(s) you upload will ONLY be accessible to Bentley colleagues -- they will NOT appear in the Communities forum thread.
4. Once you have replied to the forum thread with the file name, Bentley Support staff can then access the file(s) to continue their investigation.
The files needed to open a model will vary with the application and version that the model was last saved with. Use the table below to determine which files should be provided.
Option 1 - Save to Package
Starting with CONNECT Edition Update 1, a new Save to Package feature is also available, which will package together the necessary files to send to us as a single file. The core model files will always be included, but you can also opt to include log, result, backup, background files as well. For model troubleshooting purposes, typically only the default files above are needed. You can access this by going to File > Save as Package.
Option 2 - zip the two main model files
The version number will be shown on the bottom-left corner in the About dialog.Use the following steps to find the version of the product you have installed.
CONNECT Edition: Go to File > Help > About [Product]
V8i: Go to Help > About [Product]
Windows 10: Select the View tab and check "File Name Extensions".For earlier versions of Windows click here.