When asking a question on the AutoPIPE Forum, providing a copy of the model can help clarify what you're asking and allows for a more efficient discussion. Please be sure to compress the files first (ie. .zip, .rar, .7z, etc).
If data confidentiality is not a concern, your model can be directly attached to your forum thread.
1. Log in to Bentley Communities and navigate to the forum thread.
2. Click on "Advanced Reply Editor" at the bottom of the forum thread.
3. Click on the "Insert/Edit Media" icon, browse for the zip file and click Insert.
Please see further below for the files needed to be included in the Zip.
If you do not wish to share your model data publicly, the below Bentley Sharefile tool can be used to upload the model where only Bentley employees have access.
1. Copy the forum thread URL. This helps coordinate the file(s) being provided with the forum topic and the member they relate to.
2. Open this link.
3. Enter all applicable information in the fields provided and click "Upload Files". Please see further below for the files needed to be included in the Zip. An activity indicator will appear identifying that the upload is taking place. Once complete, an informational message indicates if the upload is successful or not.
4. IMPORTANT: If the upload is successful you should confirm you have uploaded the file(s) and note the file name(s) in the "Forum thread URL" forum thread. Note that the file(s) you upload will ONLY be accessible to Bentley colleagues -- they will NOT appear in the Communities forum thread.
5. Bentley Support analysts can then access the file(s) to continue their investigation.
The AutoPIPE APC file should include all the data necessary.
Windows 10: Select the View tab and check "File Name Extensions".For earlier versions of Windows click here.