You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
Last revised: January 6, 2015
To assist in our efforts to provide premium-level support to users of our products through Support Communities, we have put in place an efficient and secure way for you to provide Bentley files that will help solve issues you are having. The steps to do this are as follows:
1. You need to identify the following two things from Communities.
Both the (1) forum thread "Referring URL" and (2) "Communities Screen Name" help coordinate the file(s) being provided with the forum topic and member they relate to.
2. Open (you may have to download) the HTML file at this link (identified in various areas on Communities). The following renders in a Web browser.
Enter the "Referring URL" and "Communities Screen Name" saved from previously, then your email address, first and last name, and company or organization you are with. Then select files from your computer or network to upload (maximum of 2GB in size) and click on "Upload File(s)". There is an activity indicator identifying that the upload is taking place. Once complete, an informational message indicates if the upload is successful or not.
IMPORTANT: If the upload is successful, you should confirm you have uploaded the file(s) (and note the file name(s)) in the "Referring URL" forum thread. Note that the file(s) you upload will ONLY be accessible to Bentley colleagues -- they will NOT appear in the Communities forum thread.
3. Bentley Support analysts can then access the file(s) to continue their investigation.
1. Files uploaded to this area are set to expire 7 days after they are uploaded.
2. Files that have the same name can be safely uploaded to this area -- the system automatically adds a (#) to the file name when it is the same as a file that was previously uploaded and is still in the folder.