QuickConfig Standard deploys a simple AECOsim Building Designer SS6 network configuration for immediate use or as a template for testing and/or further customisation.
In brief run the:
Detailed instructions and background information are here:
ABD SS6 QuickConfig Standard - Deployment Guide
The required files are here:
ABD SS6 QuickConfig Standard - Deployment Files
More posts will follow covering the use of and additions to this configuration.
1. When initially installing that the files are unzipped into C:\BentleyDownloads\ABD_SS6_QuickConfig_Standard. Sometimes when unzipping the download a duplicate folder can be inserted (C:\BentleyDownloads\ABD_SS6_QuickConfig_Standard\ABD_SS6_QuickConfig_Standard) in which case the various copy operations carried out by the batchfiles will be disrupted.
2. If you have cause to repeat the installation, delete the contents of P:\ and W:\ drives (having backed up any data files that you want to keep!) and also ensure that (if it exists) the file C:\ProgramData\Bentley\AECOsimBuildingDesigner V8i Ss6\WorkSpace\Standards\ZZ_ABD_SS6_CompanyConfig.cfg is deleted too.
Using "\\computer\SharedFolder instead of P: or W:" is covered in the document downloadable above: Appendix 3 – Customising WorkSpace and Project Locations.
In brief, the easiest way to do this is to set up locally as decribed in the document using the batch files with 'subst' simulated P and W drives.
Once that is complete and tested:
1. copy the contents of P and W to the network locations
2. amend "\\computer\SharedFolder\Maintenance\Template_ABD_Company_Startup.cfg" before deploying it, changing P: and W: statements to the correct locations.
3. amend the "set WorkSpaceDrive=w:" line in the two batch files to "set WorkSpaceDrive=\\computer\SharedFolder": QuickConfig_ABD_Standard_CreateUserPreferences.bat and QuickConfig_ABD_Standard_DeployStartUpConfig.bat