Bentley-empowered Most Valuable Professionals (BeMVPs) are exceptional Be Communities contributors from around the world who are recognized for sharing their high-quality expertise. BeMVPs are a highly select group of experts who represent the Be Communities' best and brightest and share a commitment and willingness to help others.
BeMVPs are a select group of experts representing Be Communities’ best and brightest people who share a commitment to the infrastructure community. While BeMVPs come from many backgrounds, they share a passion for real-world best practices, technology, and a demonstrated willingness to help others. BeMVPs do this by maintaining blogs, contributing to wiki articles, and answering questions in the forums -- all associated with Be Communities.
BeMVPs tend to be early adopters of new technology and actively communicate their experiences with other users. Through their extensive activity, BeMVPs help other infrastructure professionals solve problems and discover new product capabilities, helping them get the maximum value from their technology investment.
When a Be Communities member sees something from a BeMVP, whether in a forum, blog, or wiki article, that member can be confident that the information shared by the BeMVP will be of high-caliber and accuracy.
Bentley also benefits from engaging with BeMVPs, since BeMVPs share their independent, real-world feedback with us, thereby helping us better understand users' needs, improve current products, and develop future solutions and technology.
BeMVPs are independent experts who are eager to share their knowledge. They have no affiliation with or obligation to Bentley, and freely share their expert opinions and experience. By sharing their knowledge and experiences and providing objective feedback, BeMVPs help other infrastructure professionals. It gives us great pleasure to recognize and award BeMVPs as our way of saying "Thank you" for their demonstrated commitment to Be Communities.
Q: What is a BeMVP?
A: Bentley-empowered Most Valuable Professionals (BeMVPs) are Be Communities members who are recognized as making outstanding contributions.
Q: Why does the BeMVP status exist?
A: We believe that Be Communities foster the free and objective exchange of knowledge, thereby creating a reliable source of independent, real world expertise that benefits everyone. BeMVP status recognizes exceptional individuals worldwide who actively and accurately share their expertise in Be Communities.
Q: How are BeMVPs selected?
A: Outstanding Be Communities members are nominated by their peers, Bentley colleagues, and other BeMVPs. After nomination, the Be Communities Steering Committee reviews the contributions of each nominee for quality, quantity, and level of impact on Be Communities.
Q: Are there BeMVPs who are experts in all Bentley technologies and products?
A: Highly unlikely. Though many BeMVPs have in-depth knowledge of more than one product or technology, none of them are experts in all Bentley technologies or products.
Q: Do BeMVPs represent Bentley?
A: Although some BeMVPs are Bentley colleagues (and are identified with the Bentley "B" in their avatar), non-Bentley BeMVPs do not speak on Bentley's behalf -- they are volunteer contributors who are recognized for their exceptional achievements in Be Communities.
Q: Do BeMVPs receive any payment from Bentley?
A: No. BeMVPs are volunteers and do not receive any monetary payment from Bentley.
Q: How long does BeMVP status last?
A: As long as the BeMVP remains active and willing to contribute. Be Communities members who receive BeMVP status are free to refer to themselves as BeMVPs.
Q: How can I become a BeMVP?
A: Anyone can become a BeMVP. All it takes is a recommendation from fellow Be Communities members. If you would like to become a BeMVP, there is no shame in campaigning fellow Be Communities members for recommendations. If you recognize someone whose expertise you respect, please nominate them for BeMVP status (even anonymously, if you like).
Q: Are there any requirements to receive BeMVP status?
A: All BeMVPs must affirm that they are 18 years or older.
Q: How do I get the contact information for BeMVPs?
A: While BeMVPs are identified with a star in the upper-right corner of their Be Communities avatar, we do not list BeMVP contact information for privacy reasons.
Q: How do I contact the Be Communities Steering Committee?
A: You can use the Contact Us form to do that.
Rules of Conduct
We hope that you find the time you spend in Be Communities site to be useful and fun. To ensure that everyone has the best possible experience, we have established a few guidelines. Please take a moment to read them, and we thank you in advance for participating.
Bentley's Role:Bentley does not offer formal support for Be Communities. Instead, our role is to provide a platform for people who want to take advantage of the global community of infrastructure professionals and various user and product experts. Bentley may monitor content to ensure the accuracy of the information you might view, but any information provided by Bentley staff is offered "AS-IS" with no warranties, and no rights are conferred. You assume all risk for your use.
BeMVPs: BeMVPs are the most active experts in Be Communities and are recognized by Bentley for their high-quality participation, demonstrated practical expertise, and passion for solutions and technology. While BeMVPs come from a wide range of backgrounds and professions, all share a willingness to give their time, expertise, and advice to enhance the technical skills of others.
Appropriate Language: The purpose of the Be Communities is to exchange technical information and expertise about infrastructure best practices. Please avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions.
Relevance to Topics: Please make sure that your postings in Be Communities are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal for some topics to drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for everyone, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as possible.
Advertising/Solicitation: Be Communities exists as a medium for providing peer-to-peer assistance related to infrastructure professionals. We ask that you refrain from posting unsolicited advertisements that do not pertain directly to the intended use and purpose of Be Communities.
Confidentiality: Please keep in mind that the non-private areas of Be Communities are public spaces, so do not post anything that you do not want the world to see. Credit card numbers, product keys, and other confidential information, including anything covered under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), should not be posted in any public area.
Code of Conduct
- Treat all other online participants with respect and do not use Be Communities to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other members.
- Impersonating a Bentley colleague, agent, manager, host, or another user is forbidden.
- Do not use Be Communities services to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post. Spamming and scrolling are serious violations of online etiquette.
- Bentley does not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. You may not use Be Communities to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or discussion. This includes, but is not limited to, child pornography, bestiality, incest, illegal drugs, software piracy, and harassment.
- You may not use Be Communities for the purpose of linking to external sites that violate this code of conduct.
- Do not post or promote any materials that could harm or disrupt another user's computer or would allow others to inappropriately access software or web sites.
- In addition to upholding this code of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication service, and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in Be Communities. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post.
- Bentley reserves the right to ban any participant from Be Communities for violating any of the rules above.
- Bentley also reserves the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are in compliance.
- We caution you against giving out any personally identifiable information (such as social security number, credit card number, name, address, telephone number, driver's license number, password, etc.) online. This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or viruses that may be encountered on the Internet and Be Communities.
Thank you for following this Code of Conduct and Be Communities! We reserve the right to amend or change the code of conduct at any time and encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.
As our thank you to BeMVPs, we provide the following award benefits to help BeMVPs connect with each other and with Bentley, enhance their technical skills, and stay abreast of the latest best practices and product developments:
BeMVP Status:BeMVPs are identified with a gold star in the upper-right corner of their avatar.
Technical Resources: We value BeMVPs' passion for technology and provide them with access to resources to help them develop and expand their expertise.
Relationship Services: Bentley is a large, complex company that can sometimes be difficult to navigate. To help BeMVPs make the most of their award experience, we provide them with dedicated BeMVP Leads who serve as the BeMVP's main point of contact inside Bentley.
At Bentley, we believe that Be Communities enhance people's lives and the industry's success by providing users with the opportunity to have conversations about technology that catalyze change and innovation. Be Communities help users adopt new technologies more quickly and more effectively. Also, BeMVPs help Bentley product developers understand the "pulse" of our users and better meet their needs. As the most active, expert participants in Be Communities, BeMVPs are recognized for their inspirational commitment.
In order to receive BeMVP status, nominees undergo a review process. Any Be Communities member, current BeMVPs, and Bentley colleague may nominate candidates. The Be Communities Steering Committee evaluates each nominee's technical expertise and voluntary contributions and considers the quality, quantity, and level of impact of the nominee's contributions. BeMVPs also represent the diversity of today's technical communities and respect users' desire to get technical information through Be Communities contributions.
BeMVPs are an amazing group of individuals. By sharing their knowledge and experiences and providing objective feedback, BeMVPs help people solve problems and discover new capabilities. It gives us great pleasure to recognize BeMVPs as our way of saying thank you for their demonstrated commitment to helping others in Be Communities. We sincerely appreciate their efforts.