Last revised: January 7, 2013
If you attempt to access any content that is in the private Bentley Developer Network community and encounter a 404 error or get an access denied message, there are a couple of possible causes. One cause is that you may not be signed in to Be Communities, another is that you may not be a member of that community. The private Bentley Developer Network (BDN) community exists exclusively for current Bentley Developer Network commercial developers and SELECT subscribers.
NOTE: If you are not currently a member of the Bentley Developer Network, information about subscribing to that program is online starting on http://www.bentley.com/developer and then clicking on one of the following:
If you are a Bentley Developer Network commercial developer or SELECT subscriber, you can join the private Bentley Developer Network community by following these steps:
1. You must first be a Be Communities member. If you are not, please refer to Getting Started.
2. Make sure you are signed in to Be Communities -- if you are not signed in, you will not be able to get to any of the content. If you see a "Sign in" link in the upper right hand corner of the site pages, click on that.
and then enter your Bentley Web property credentials -- please refer to the Single Sign-on page for more information regarding this.
Once you sign in, it is very important to NOT close your browser window.
3. Place your cursor in the search field and enter "Bentley Developer Network" (do NOT press <Enter>) and click the link to the Bentley Developer Network under the COMMUNITIES category.
4. If you are not currently a member of the private Bentley Developer Network community, a "Request to Join Community" dialog will appear. Place the cursor in the Message box and enter your name, the name of your organization, your work email address, along with any other information that would help clarify your request to join the community. Then click the "Request to Join Community" pushbutton.
Your request to join the private Bentley Developer Network community will be reviewed by Bentley. Once verified that you are a Bentley Developer Network subscriber, you will receive an email message identifying that you have been accepted into the community.
You can then view content in the Bentley Developer Network community and add content -- particularly in the community's forum.
5. You can add the Bentley Developer Network community to your list of Favorites on the site. You can do that by first going to the community and clicking the "Add Community to Favorites" link.
That will follow you wherever you are, so should you sign in to Be Communities on a different computer in a different location, the link to the Bentley Developer Network community will be in your Favorite Places list.
Should you have difficulty or experience problems with anything mentioned in this document, please let the site administrators know what issue you are having and they will provide assistance.
Additional information regarding Be Communities can be found on the following links: