We’re proud to announce that a new version of Pointools is here.
It contains multiple bugfixes, improvements and a few new features.
Here are the release notes in full:
Bentley Pointools V8i Release Notes,
This release improves compatibility with ATI graphics drivers, fixes a number of bugs and adds other improvements
- script support for clash tools
- script support for camera
- script support for clipbox
- added commandline options including initial script
- added near clip plane parameter to camera animation controller
- better import of Faro fls and fws, there was an issue when selecting RGB + Intensity
- “render” right-docked menu now allows all buttons to be displayed in a 1024×768 screen
- script enhancement for file commands
- script enhancements for animation
- voxel loading process
- increased the amount of buffer space used when reading very long filenames
- POD export stability
- stack stability improved when deleting from stack
- .shp files now loading correctly. Bounding boxes were not being set when the .shp file was loaded
- position of datums in orthographic snapshots is now correct
- position of datums in orthographic snapshots can now be set using a picker tool
- added an auto open saved snapshot button
- renamed a wrongly labelled button rollover in ribbon
- new saved view when 3D model loaded caused crash
- cache folder location being stored / restored from project files
- shortcut descriptions in shortcuts window do not display in Japanese
- objects Selector window not displaying properly in Japanese
- crash on clicking on the Riegl import window
- “show all layers” resetting the current layer colour blend
- “invert visibility”, makes sure any invert visibility points are placed onto the current layer when unhidden
- partially selected points disappearing from layers when hidden
- layer editing, unhide now working correctly for partially hidden voxels (moves hidden points onto the current layer)
- refreshing the edit stack causes the items in the stack to be reordered
Thank you Felix.
The trial version of Bentley Pointools V8i version 02.00.01.04 is now available for download:
The latest demonstration version (02.00.01.04) of Bentley Pointools V8i is due to be uploaded to our website very soon. In the meantime if you can contact Bentley Technical Support with your email details we can arrange to have a download link sent to you.
how is it possible to get the Demo of the new pointools version? I can only download the old version (02.00.01.00).
Thank you in advance.